WORST craft fair EVER!!!

YooperCandles

Today I went to a local craft fair that has been going for 35 years. I have been a customer at several of them and they were always busy with a lot of good, quality crafts to choose from.

Well, this year's sucked big time!!!! Booth fee was only $20 + $3 for electricity....which is cheap, but not when you only make $20 in 8 hours.

There was supposed to be only 3 candle makers there out of about 65 crafters, but thee were 6.

One good thing was I got a prospect on a wholesale account for a local gift shop. If that pans out I will be ok with the lack of sales at the actual show.

Sorry all, I was reading how well everyone did and was jealous............sorry.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO DID SO WELL.

Pam

Well that just stinks! I don't know why they can't be more honest and tell you there will be 6 chandlers there, then you can decide if you want to do it. I don't think they realize just how much work it is for us to haul all those products around.

Hope the wholesale account comes through, then it will be worthwhile.

Like Robin said, just think if you hadn't been there,you would never even have gotten the wholesale inquiry. ;)

There's always a silver lining girl, even if it just means "exposure" and more experience.

Crossing my fingers you get that acct. be a squeaky wheel girl. :D

You'll get them next time. ;) I agree with Robin - never ever count a show as a failure because you never know what will come out it down the road. Four months after one show, I got a call for about a $100 order from a lady that had come into my booth and taken a brochure and card. Now that's not much $$ in the grand scheme of things, but it was a pleasant surprise and had I not been at that show, I would have never gotten that order. The exposure you can get at shows can really pay for itself. I am sorry your show was so bad, but I really think something good will come of it for you. :)