WOW and JOY WAX?

At one time Joywax was a good wax, then something happened and there were a lot of unhappy customers. Finally NG did something about it and it appears that Joywax is back. I use it and really, really like it. It makes a very smooth and creamy candle, and throw quite well. Now, I do not make candles for anyone, not even friends and family, but I do make candles just for myself, and I've been very satisfied with Joywax. I will definately keep using it.

Yesterday I received my new shipment from NG, which included a slab of WOW. Haven't used it yet. They recommended CD wicks for the WOW. If you have any questions, get in touch with NG. I did and was quite happy with the help they gave me. Their response was super fast and so far all their tips/advice have helped tremendously. Good luck!

P.S. Someone mentioned here that JBN wax (the JW9900) probably is the same wax sold by NG as Joywax?:)

At one time Joywax was a good wax, then something happened and there were a lot of unhappy customers. Finally NG did something about it and it appears that Joywax is back. I use it and really, really like it. It makes a very smooth and creamy candle, and throw quite well. Now, I do not make candles for anyone, not even friends and family, but I do make candles just for myself, and I've been very satisfied with Joywax. I will definately keep using it.

Yesterday I received my new shipment from NG, which included a slab of WOW. Haven't used it yet. They recommended CD wicks for the WOW. If you have any questions, get in touch with NG. I did and was quite happy with the help they gave me. Their response was super fast and so far all their tips/advice have helped tremendously. Good luck!

P.S. Someone mentioned here that JBN wax (the JW9900) probably is the same wax sold by NG as Joywax?:)

Thanks Ravens ...i seem to try everything on the market...its fun playing with new wax! What kind of wicks are using with the JOY? Thanks

Edited by RMullen99

I have used CD wicks with very good results. Last night I poured a couple of Joywax candles and used the NG hemp wicks (in the Libby cube containers). Will try them in a few days. Remind me to post the results!

I have been using the NG Wow wax since December and the HT is fantastic. It leaves very nice smooth tops as well. The only issue I'm having are the wicks. They recommend CDs and mine seem to smoke pretty bad once the candle is about 1/2 way burned. I'm sure there's an alternative, I just don't know what it is! lol...

They also sell some Hemp wicks, I was thinking about trying them but the site says they work best in the Soy wax. Do you happen to know if I would be able to also use them in the paraffin Wow wax too? If so, should I rely on their size suggestion or do I need to wick up or down b/c I'm not using the Soy wax???

I used hemp wicks for several years and you can use them in any wax, but be prepared for HUGH mushrooms because the it's a rigid core wick. Hemp wicks also don't have enough variety of choices and is one of the coolest burning wicks, like zinc.

I tested the WOW wax and used LX with great results, no sooting and good throw. I found I had to really wick down with them, depending on your FO of course. :cool2:

"I tested the WOW wax and used LX with great results, no sooting and good throw. I found I had to really wick down with them, depending on your FO of course. :cool2:

Could you give me a size suggestion to start with for the LX wicks in an 8oz. jelly jar (about a 3" diameter)? My CD's just don't seem to be the correct choice for me...Thank You in advance!!!!:yay: