tins with seams

Hi, I'm new to this post. But have gotten lots of ideas and problem solving tips over the last month. I pour ig 4630 wax in jars. But I have some Christmas theme tins I'd like to pour into. They have seams on the sides and bottom. Do I have to glue the seams before filling with wax. Also, if I remove the glue after they cool, will the seams leak when the candle is burning.:rolleyes2

I've gotten some really nice tins but they also have seams. I would definately put something on the seams. Someone suggested decoupoge/modpodge and that's what I've done.

I apply the decoupoge to all the seams, let it dry and then pour over it.

I have burnt candles in these tins without applying anything and low-n-behold, they leaked.

HTH:smiley2:

do you put the decoupoge on the inside or outside.

I've gotten some really nice tins but they also have seams. I would definately put something on the seams. Someone suggested decoupoge/modpodge and that's what I've done.

I apply the decoupoge to all the seams, let it dry and then pour over it.

I have burnt candles in these tins without applying anything and low-n-behold, they leaked.

HTH:smiley2: