Holy cow that jumped up overnight!

Bernadette,

I'm not sure where you are located, so the shipping from PA may be more expensive, but Candlewic has their High Density Gel for $101.80 for 35 lbs. That would be the equivalent of around $145 for 50 lbs.

Not sure if you need any, but that is their new price.

FunkyMonkey66,

Not sure exactly what kind of wax you need, but the conatiner wax at Candlewic is $71.65 for a 51 lb case.

Hope that helps... And no, I'm not a shill for them, they are jsut where I get my gel and votive glasses from.

I understand that things go up but they are going to price us and themselves out of business. If I keep raising my prices to cover the increases then people will stop buying. Not good for them or me.

Wonder if we should do a wax co op?

I love Candlewic but they discontinued the IGI brands.

I just was about to place an order at candlesandsupplies for wax and it jumped up from 80 odd dollars to just a tad over 100.00 a case.

Did I miss something? Gas did not go up so what is going on with the wax increase?

Guess I grab it from Candlescience.

That is flipping insane.

Doesn't CW carry ANYTHING comparable to the IGI wax that you have been using? I use their parasoy CBL130...I had been using KY's Perfect Blend but Vickey discontinued it. I loved the PB but I found that I like the CBL130 a lot better. Maybe you can talk to Bill Binder and he can give you some info. He has ALWAYS been more than helpful to me.

Edited by Maggie
spelling

Yeah I know Bill,he is a super nice guy. He said they had so many complaints with IGI wax since they took over the Astro blends that they just carry their own stuff now. I bought a ton of it when they discontinued it.

I will call him tomorrow and ask him again.

Backwoods carries some at a reasonable price but shipping was super high. Still cheaper than candles and supplies even with the shipping.

I agree with Maggie on the Candlewic CBL-130. I have been using it and it is great! Price is good and shipping wasn't bad for me. I know it stinks to switch wax, but it is worth it. The best wax I've tried in a while and I tried many, many waxes over the last few months. Finally settled on that one.

What do you like about the CBL130 in comparison to the PB. I'm down to my last two cases of PB, and will need to find a replacement soon. Just wonder what features you like about it. I may give it a try. Thanks

What do you like about the CBL130 in comparison to the PB. I'm down to my last two cases of PB, and will need to find a replacement soon. Just wonder what features you like about it. I may give it a try. Thanks

Well first of all...I had ordered 5 cases of PB...I think just before busy season 2009. Something had changed in the formula because I was getting cracks over the top of all of my candles. I emailed Vickey and she told me a few things to try to prevent it...nothing worked. That's when I decided to test with a slab of the CBL130. I still DO get that little bit of wax that creeps up the wick with the 130...but a quick hit with the heat gun fixes it. And...JMO but I think the hot throw is better than the PB.

I'm not sure if I had said this here before...my next door neighbor has always loved my candles. But she told me since I started using this new wax...she loves them even more.

I use LX wicks in the 130 and I love the way the candles burn. I had been a "hard core" cotton wick user before. Bill Binder had told me to use LX wicks in their palm pillar wax. One day I decided to try them in my containers...now I'm sold. lol

Well, maybe I'll go ahead and order a slab to test out. I use CD wicks in the PB, and they work great. I know candlewic carries this wax, and they are in PA and I'm in MD, so that would save on shipping.

Thanks for your info!