I have one melter

Not sure what melter you have but I end up putting the heated wax into my pour pot where I add my fragrance. When I clean between batches I just wipe everything out well with a paper towel and then go over it with a baby wipe and that helps neutralize the smell.

I use my big melter (turkey fryer) to just melt my wax and then weigh out the amount of melted wax I'm going to use in a metal pour pitcher and then add my FO into the pitcher. Not sure if your using a big turkey fryer or a presto pot. If your the presto pot, which I've melted down my "mistake" pillars that already are scented in one of those and when I'm done I just wipe it out with paper towel while it's still hot. Hope that helps :smiley2:

Melt my wax in my melter, FO and dye free.

Have a pour pot for each scent I carry.

No cleaning involved..

It may seem like a lot of $$ to spend on pour pots, but I figure all the money I would have spent on wipes and towels, paid for the pots..

When I first started, I would wipe out and then heat gun the inside of the pot to burn off any Scent left behind..:cheesy2:

Edited by islandgirl

What???? :shocked2:

The amount of residue and wax left in the pot will not alter the next one, now i would make pine then do vanilla after that, but the heat from the wax melts everything out. Made 100 of thousands of candles that way and hasnt caused a problem ever :smiley2:

I've done this both ways. When I put FO & dye in the Presto for large batches, I simply wipe out the Presto with paper towels when finished. If I have poured a strong scent, I notice some residual fragrance after the pot has been wiped, but it has never carried over to the next batch whether the next batch was scented or not.

Usually I am not pouring enough of one scent to warrant scenting the whole Presto, so I put my FO & dye in the pour pot. As soon as I finish pouring, I wipe out the pour pot with paper towels and set it up for the next scent. Again, while there is some residual scent, I have not had that carry over to "contaminate" the next batch made in that pot.

If the pot - Presto or pour pot - has too much residue in it to wipe out cleanly after pouring, I heat it back up and then wipe it. HTH :D

Edited by Stella1952

The amount of residue and wax left in the pot will not alter the next one, now i would make pine then do vanilla after that, but the heat from the wax melts everything out. Made 100 of thousands of candles that way and hasnt caused a problem ever :smiley2:

Sorry I meant would not use pine then vanilla...i cant type worth for crap some days :P

I have a presto pot for container wax, and one for pillar, then one for dipping. BUT I have like 12 pyrex/anchor glass measuring cups. that are 32 oz, 3-16oz and 6 8oz sizes....That i have built up over time-I wash them with hot soap and water, dry them with a kitchen towel and start over. I also use thick plastic spoons (again have built up a collection over the years).

I use papertowels to clean my tablespoons between uses...I also have over 150 scents-so this way works best for me.

You can pick up pyrex measuring glass cups at Walmart or a store of that type just to get you started.

I only have about 6 pour pots right now and I actually wash them out with soapy water and then hand dry. I would love to have 1 pot per scent but I don't have the room for 100 pots.

I have wiped them out with paper towels before, but I have never used one for one scent after the other without washing them. I have always been too afraid of the scents mingling.

Zap it with a heat gun and burn off the scent...

If you don't have one, you may want to invest. It is worth it.

(They are about $20.00)

Then you can heat the scent out of your pots, and zap the top of your candles to make them smooth. (If needed) :cheesy2:

Edited by islandgirl

Wiped out my pour pot like 5 times smell still there guess i have to find the money and buy more lol EVEN WASHED IT OUT LIKE 5 TIMES STILL THERE

Once it's wiped out (I never wash my pour pots), that's fine. There is nearly ALWAYS some residual smell and it is not going to cause a problem.

Always wiped mine out and if there was residual wax, used the heat gun, and then wiped with a paper towel. I did the baby wipe thing for a few years and then realized it made NO difference whatsoever.

If you are still in the testing phase, try stuff and find out what works for you. As you will notice everyone has a different way of doing things. It's ok to venture out and try.