Labels for 8oz candle tins.

lsbennis

Hi everyone, was just wondering if any of you that use 8oz candle tins put a label around it, as well as on the lid, and if you did put around what size label do you find that works best?

Right now I just put a label on the top but I think it needs something around it as well and I'm really stumped on what size would be best for an 8oz tin.

Thanks for you help...;)

I use only the round label on top also. I also use those for my jelly jars. Not as much when it come to handling.At least not when they pick up the candle.Just twist the lid and the labels on top seem to look better longer. The only time I have a problem when the round labels(on lid) start looking bad is at shows with rainy weather or dampness.

LynnS

I am the odd man out. I actually make cardstock "cigar" bands for my tins. I use the Avery 1 1/2" (?) binder spline insert template to design them then cut them with a paper cutter (like the old "school" paper cutters- $40ish at Staples). I attach it using a plain old glue stick (use elastic band to hold in place while dries). It is a little more work but it holds up to travel well and this way I can lie the tins in a basket on their side at shows with the scent name up and only have to put out a sample on. Makes it MUCH easier at the end of the day to clean up. Been doing it this way for 5 years with great results. This is a pic of our old label design (pre-logo) to give you an idea. Instead of adding a warning label to the bottom all of that info is on the same label on the back of the tin.

tins.jpg

Edited by mparadise

those both look good...thanks for the replys. I have a label on the lid but just thought that I needed something on the side also, it just looked kinda naked to me...lol. But maybe I should just leave well enough along and not create anymore work or expense for myself.

those both look good...thanks for the replys. I have a label on the lid but just thought that I needed something on the side also, it just looked kinda naked to me...lol. But maybe I should just leave well enough along and not create anymore work or expense for myself.

You sound like me. I can never leave well enough alone either. :cheesy2: