DS Liquid Crack and Toffee Sugar Crunch

bells4shells

Hopefully this is the right spot, but I soaped the liquid crack about a week ago and right now it smells to me like play doh. OOB it was sweet, candy goodness. I haven't used it in the shower so maybe it will bloom there, but have others experienced this? Does it bounce back?

Would also like to know if anyone has soaped the toffee sugar crunch and if it morphs at all for you? I LOVED the original LUSH scent when I went to the store a few months ago, but wanted to try it in my own soap blend. OOB it smells really candyish to me, but maybe that will change once in soap. I know others have mentioned the site's soap notes are not exactly correct with most experiences so wanted to check on this one. TIA

Well, I have not soaped it..but (liquid crack) but I had some soap sent to me with it....I didn't like the smell....I found it kinda smelled like play-doh as well but then I actually decided to try it...once it got wet...it smelled TOTALLY different!!! And I actually really like it.

• 1 month later...

I tried out Liquid Crack and mine smells pretty darn close to the real thing as I have a bar of the real Rock star soap. I also soaped toffee sugar crunch and really like it but I have no clue if it is a match to the real thing as I didn't smell that one when I was at Lush.

It's definitely ready to use, but I can't bring myself to do it. lol I have a brother visiting for awhile, so I'll have him test it out for me. Still smells like play doh to me, but if it changes when water hits it like Jen mentioned, I'll let you know.

As for color, I put TD in it, but it's pretty white (my recipe is usually more on the yellowish side by itself), so I'm going to say it probably didn't discolor very much - if at all.

I still haven't soaped the toffee one yet. May do that in a few days.

I think I'm sitting on a bottle of the Liquid Crack, so will be interested to see how it goes for you in another week.

Is this one that discolors and if so, how much? I would be tempted to try a batch possibly.

I soaped mine in March and it is still strong smelling and very nice as well as the Toffee Cruch although the scent is faint it is there and nice. I have no clue if the LC discolors as I colored it a pink shade. You can see them here http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89629&highlight=soap I made 4 batches of Lush Dupes in that picture. I love the Jasmine Honey...it's yummy!