Ewax price increase at wsp

*Dee*

damn i was going to order some at the beginning of this week, but figured i would wait until tonight to order some.

it was 4.75 for the nf anf 5.00 for the traditional. now it is 5.75 for the nf and 6.00 for the traditional per pounds.

did the prices go up at other suppliers ?

i have wsp's right now. i would order from some place else but i was going to order other stuff from wsp so i might as well order them again from there. instead of ordering from wsp plus another place then shipping would really suck lol

wsp usually isnt too bad for me for shipping. i just ordered 96 of the 2 oz surplus jars and 48 bath puffs and my shipping was 15.01. i want another 96 jars and ewax and pko flakes and its showing my shipping at 16 something.

everywhere i see the polawax it says emulsifying wax beside it. wsps nf version is supposed to be make the lotions ect feel more silky and soft feel to them. their traditional is the regular ewax. im not sure what the btms is.

Someone pls explain the difference in Ewax. What is BTMS? What is Polawax? I know there is a huge difference in the 2 ewaxes that WSP carries. I have bought from WSP, MMS, and Snowdrift. TIA Carole

Ewax is ewax and BTMS is similar but different. I don't think WSP's claim is accurate on the Ewax. BTMS is what will leave the skin soft and silky.

From Lotioncrafter

Polawax

Emulsifying Wax NF

This nonionic self-emulsifying wax sets the standard for self emulsifying waxes monographed in the National Formulary. It is mild, provides excellent stability, and is very easy to use. It can be used to make thick or thin emulsions, depending upon the concentration used.

Recommended Use Rate: 2-25%, usually 3-5% for lotions and 5-10% for creams.

Appearance: White Pastilles

Manufacturer: Croda (Polawax)

INCI: Emulsifying Wax NF

Lotioncrafter BTMS

Lotioncrafter BTMS, also known as Conditioning Emulsifier is a self-emulsifying wax, a quaternary ammonium salt derived from the natural plant oil Colza, and contains no ethoxylated ingredients. It is both a mild primary emulsifier and an excellent conditioning agent, which provides elegant cationic emulsions for both skin and hair care products. These creams tend to resist wash off, leaving a soft, powdery feel on the skin and imparting excellent detangling properties to hair conditioners. In a hair conditioner, it offers improved wet comb and leaves hair with noticeable body and spring. Due to its extreme mildness, it is suitable for leave-in conditioners. BTMS can emulsify many silicones (up to 50% in a formulation) and is an excellent suspending agent. BTMS can be used as a co-emulsifier with Emulsifying Wax NF, adding its conditioning properties to emulsions.

Edited by TexasBrat

Ha, I was asking about the differences. The "soft & silky" from WSP is very different. It is more soft and silky in products, but you have to be careful because when you use it in frostings, it tends to "fall" (come unwhipped after packaging.) I quit using it for that reason. So you think Soft&S is the BTMS? and they just don't have it labeled correctly?

I just buy the regular one from MMS and it doesn't fall. I see that MMS now carries the "Conditioning EWax" too. It cost more. Maybe it's BTMS? Thks for info. Carole

Lotioncrafter sells Polawax which is like the Cadillac of emulsifying waxes. It creates a thicker, more stable product than other "ewaxes" that I've tried. I just did side by side tests of a cream and the Polawax version was much thicker than the WSP type. The INCI for emulsifying wax that ISN'T Polawax is usually something like "cetearyl alcohol and polysorbate 60" instead of "emulsifying wax nf" which should only be used for Polawax from my understanding. There are some suppliers, though, who do not provide an accurate INCI and list emulsifying wax even though they don't carry Polawax. WSP soft & silky ewax is just a different type of blend of emulsifier and fatty alcohol. I had some stability problems with it.

If you use and like the WSP traditional emulsifying wax, Soaper's Choice sells a nearly, if not identical, emulsifying wax at 8 lbs for around $24 plus shipping. I couldn't tell a difference between WSP and SC. It's even cheaper if you go up to 25 lbs. Polawax seems to average $7-8 per pound and up. I'm always on the lookout for the best price and that has been IT. :cry2:

WSP has had major price increases in the past month. Some have been in the name of the so-called "free" shipping expansion, but containers have gone up much more than the .25-.75 per 48 that was warned of on the blog. Some went up $2-4 or more per 48. :confused: