Question about a thrift store Presto pot....

DH surprised me yesterday by bringing home a Presto pot he found in a thrift store and then he modified it with the pour spout. I don't want to seem ungrateful or anything, but the condition of the teflon coating on the inside is not that good, some of it is missing and it's a bit peely around the voids. Should I be concerned about peeling teflon getting into my wax? :(

Yup. I bought a two part tea strainer at Wally World for a couple of bucks and taped one half to the spout and placed the other half in the pot around the entry to the spout. Those particles settle to the bottom of the candle and look really nasty IMHO. It's too bad they don't make a Presto without the teflon coating.

Steve

Also, be sure to use a thermometer for the melting wax. I got an old daisy pot at the second hand store. It is taller and works great for my dipping hurricanes, but the temperature part is way off so now I leave the thermometer in all the time and it works just great despite what the setting says. Beth

Hubby was thinking of you! How sweet! Glad you can fix it up too! I FINALLY got my Presto about a week ago, and I can't believe I have been without it! Talk about production! I LOVE my Presto! No spout though, I just pour right out of it and into the pour pot! Woo Hoo!