AAB Insurance

scifichik

The Association of Artisan Businesses has recently begun offering product/business liability insurance. Membership in their organization is $100 annually, and their goal was a policy around $200 - $300.

I have an app that was emailed to me, but haven't completed it yet to get a quote. I was curious if anyone else had submitted one and what quote they received.

For more information, or questions, contact:

Mandy Basista

Director of Member Services

Association of Artisan Businesses

www.artisanbusinesses.org

(800) 542-6183

Never heard of it, but its worth getting a quote, right? Doesnt hurt. Just be sure you really read what you are getting. Thats cheap, if its under $200 a year... makes me a bit nervous, to tell you the truth. I pay over $600 a year on liability for 2mil cov.

I do like that this is on their buis insurance page:

INSURANCE FACT: Homeowners Insurance does not typically cover products and damages related to manufacturing. This means if you have a catastrophic accident while producing products in your home and there is damage to your person or home such as fire or theft your homeowners policy may not cover your losses. Business Liability Insurance does cover such a loss.

Its a good thing they point that out, because there are SO many people who think they can get business liability, and just never worry again. As many members on here have pointed out, its simply not true :( Homeowners insurance VERY VERY VERY rarely covers any damage done to your business supplies. So its important to contact your homeowners insurance agent and speak about your options.. Ours is only an additional $15.00 a month, thats nothing for the peace of mind it gives me to know if I was burglarized or our house burned, quaked, twisted, or hurricained (not likely) into the abiss, I could start again.

I'm an insurance agent and am very familiar with the broker that will be providing the coverage - I'm waiting for a copy of the policy so I can look it over .....

I was waiting to post about it before I said anything....

I'm an insurance agent and am very familiar with the broker that will be providing the coverage - I'm waiting for a copy of the policy so I can look it over .....

Make sure you let us know if it is a good deal. I was looking into this the other day. Good to have someone who knows about insurance. my Dad was an adjuster but he's gone so I can't get his advice anymore.

Good to know that you have that area of experience! What is your opinion on the insurance available with membership in the Indie Beauty Network or HSMG?

I'm rural and have a homeowners policy that does allow up to 800 sq. ft. of area for home based business to be covered. My 800 sq. ft. is not in my house, it's in a separate building behind my house. I've been covered since I started 9 years ago.

I live rural too and I'm wondering if my home owners policy might cover this. My shop is separate from my house as well. I may have to look into this. I'm glad you said something :)

I've never seen the policy so I have no idea what's in it.....

I sure would be happy to look over policies for anyone... just email/PM me - I'll look your coverage over for you...

As for you guys being covered under your homeowners... I can't speak for every company, but if your using it for business - it's usually excluded from the policy unless you have the endorsement adding it..... and it's not always everything you need.....

Good to know that you have that area of experience! What is your opinion on the insurance available with membership in the Indie Beauty Network or HSMG?

If I can get my hands on the coverage I'll sure let you know what I think....

Make sure you let us know if it is a good deal. I was looking into this the other day. Good to have someone who knows about insurance. my Dad was an adjuster but he's gone so I can't get his advice anymore.

I've never seen the policy so I have no idea what's in it.....

I sure would be happy to look over policies for anyone... just email/PM me - I'll look your coverage over for you...

As for you guys being covered under your homeowners... I can't speak for every company, but if your using it for business - it's usually excluded from the policy unless you have the endorsement adding it..... and it's not always everything you need.....

Teri, thanks for your kind offer to review policies!

I've emailed you a copy of the sample policy of the coverage included with membership in IBN and HMSG. Maybe you can turn it into "plain English" for us.

I got it... let me see what I think...

Teri, thanks for your kind offer to review policies!

I've emailed you a copy of the sample policy of the coverage included with membership in IBN and HMSG. Maybe you can turn it into "plain English" for us.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Am I looking at the wrong site? It looked like their annual membership is $250, not $100, which it seems would then make their liability insurance comparable to what some of you are already paying to other companies.

• 6 months later...

I see AAB has been aquired by HSMG. Not sure how that's going to affect AAB insurance?

I just got a quote from AAB for the "elite" policy of $1,000,000 which includes coverage at shows for a total of $388. I'm in need of renewing and currently have HSMG. Does anyone have AAB insurance and how good is the policy? Should I just renew with HSMG? Any input is appreciated.