Vanilla stabilizer in bubble bars?

ah-soy

Has anyone ever used a VS in bubble bars? I really want to use some of my vanilla scents but they are turning my bubble bars brown. Don't have the problem in any other products.

Also, does anyone have a rec for the best VS?

I just got some Vanilla Browning Neutralizer, from WSP. I tried it with my Vanilla Pear fo from NG in bubble bars a few days ago. No browning yet! :yay:

Last time I used that scent in bubble bars with no neutralizer they were brown within a few hours! :eek:

Thanks for that info! I'm just getting ready to order a few things from WSP so I'll get some to try.

Forgot to add that I also have the Vanilla Pear from NG...I love the scent for B&B!

Edited by ah-soy

lol No worries. :)

They are still nice and green, no brown specks or anything.

I honestly didn't notice any foul smell. Course, my sense of smell isn't the sharpest, and I didn't exactly sniff the open bottle or anything either! lol

They smell like nummy vanilla pear, no chemically note or anything off. :)

Well, almost a week later... and there are a few (3-4) brown spots on the pink sugar bubble bars, and the vanilla pear bubble bars.

I'm thinking this may be due to not mixing it as well as I should have. I just kinda gave it a swirl then dumped it in. :(

I made some with NG blue hawaiian, colored them blue, used the neutralizer as well, and those don't have any brown spots. All three kinds I made within a day of each other. On this one I mixed the fo and neutralizer together really well before adding.

I'll be keeping an eye on the blue hawaiian ones to see if they too develop drown spots. Perhaps the only key with this is to just mix thoroughly. :)

Well, almost a week later... and there are a few (3-4) brown spots on the pink sugar bubble bars, and the vanilla pear bubble bars.

I'm thinking this may be due to not mixing it as well as I should have. I just kinda gave it a swirl then dumped it in. :(

I made some with NG blue hawaiian, colored them blue, used the neutralizer as well, and those don't have any brown spots. All three kinds I made within a day of each other. On this one I mixed the fo and neutralizer together really well before adding.

I'll be keeping an eye on the blue hawaiian ones to see if they too develop drown spots. Perhaps the only key with this is to just mix thoroughly. :)

Ha Loulou, I logged in again tonight to ask if you had any more news on your vanilla pear bars to find your update. Thanks much...please do post on the Blue Hawaiian. I still haven't placed my order with WSP. Got caught up testing a new bomb recipe trying to eliminate the cornstarch. It's always something!

lol Well... lookin good so far. I honestly have no idea if wrapping helps keep the spots away. lol

It seems the pink sugar and vanilla pear all have a few brown spots, but haven't gotten any worse. The blue hawaiian have no spots!

I've been making scrubs since then, but I'll be back to the bubble bars soon, and I'll try mixing really, really well to see if that helps.