I'm making myself NUTS

It is feather palm, but if you click on the picture it has hairline looking cracks like my last one did. My 1st didn't have that.:confused: Is it suppose to look like that?

I looked at both your candles and they look way more beautiful and crystalized feather or starburt more.

Linda

From the photo (not close-up enough to really see), I think the lines you are pointing to are the lines where the crystal pattern changes. This is one of the patterns that "feathering" palm makes - we dubbed it the "4 square" or "checkerboard square" pattern here. It may not be a favorite pattern, but it is valid and fully crystallized. You didn't mention pour temp, cooling procedures, etc., but if you do not like this pattern, try varyng the pour temp & the cooling temp/period to see if you get a pattern that's more pleasing to you.

That's the great thing about testing palm pillars - you can melt down & repour to see what other effects you can come up with. Just remember to write down everything you are doing so if you hit on something you really like, you can replicate the results with a fresh tester. Of course, the scent throw will take a hit after a couple of meltdowns, but if you are playing around with temps/cooling procedures to manipulate crystal formations, the throw isn't what you're going for anyway. Put your lab coat back on (hope ya didn't burn it in the back yard!), have fun & don't let this make you nutz! :D

Yes I am (going to test burn). I have an lx 24 Candybee should I try it in this one? Will it get a shell or will it do the total consume thing you were talking about in another thread? I don't have lx22's.

I am testing my 2nd with a cd12 right now and is doing good. This is the 3rd so I'll wait a while. The 2nd had those lines in it too all the way around just below 1/2 way down by the bottom.

We seem to have a pillar thing going on here, I never thought I would get the guts to make one and now I'm addicted.

I really am looking for a different look than what I got sooo where is my lab coat:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:You guys are so kind thank you. I will post pictures after Sabrina and Laura are done with their's they should be in the spotlight now. But look out girls.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:Just kidding.

Linda

Sabrina and Laura are done with their's they should be in the spotlight now.
Don't be silly ... This is great. All this testing going on . I love it. seeing for me is the best way to learn . post away