Another palm wax testing thread

I was jealous and wanted my own test thread!!!:grin2:

first of all, the palm waxes I'm using, they are from lipidchem can't remember where I bought them, anyway now I have an italian supplier and he imports PT SUMI waxes, which are the ones CS is selling.

So my tests could have a very short life, until I'll switch waxes.

I had a bunch of leftovers, both crystal and feather, mixed them up and poured a new pillar at 200F, it cooled without insulation at room temp (about 72F)

I poured it and walked away.

I didn't have the time to cut it open yet, but it seems a lot better than my previous pillars. The first sign of voids, cavities, or caverns I always had is that the surface starts to cool but I always saw empty spots under it.. so I knew there was a void, and start the wrecking thing. Well this time it all was solid, no whiter spots suggesting empty space.

I let it cool and tapped and pinched the bottom with nails, adn it's all solid. I there was a void it should have break.

So now I'm really curious about cutting it.

Will take pics, just for the fun of learning and sharing, and go on with some testers.

Have a good day!

Ok girls and boys, here we are.

Remember, these are two waxes mixed together, I have yet to try with one single wax at a time.

I'll show you pics of the bottom (the candle bottom LOL) too, as I saw that I knew there were no or poor voids, because usually they form immediatly under the surface, kinda like a frozen lake with water under the surface. The dents you see are my nails try to breaking the crust, but no crust. All solid. Then the cut pillar, I cut it vertically.

It crumbled a bit, but no caverns.

One success doesn't mean anything until it's reproducible LOL

Thanks for looking!

post-1267-139458464756_thumb.jpg

post-1267-13945846476_thumb.jpg

post-1267-139458464762_thumb.jpg

post-1267-139458464764_thumb.jpg

post-1267-139458464766_thumb.jpg

Sabrina-- what are the waxes you are blending for this? Its hard to tell from the pics if there were any air pockets but I'll take your word for it you didn't see any.

I have found that my glow palm forms semi half mooned shaped air pockets. If your blend were forming something similar they could still be hidden in the halves.

Sabrina-- what are the waxes you are blending for this? Its hard to tell from the pics if there were any air pockets but I'll take your word for it you didn't see any.

I have found that my glow palm forms semi half mooned shaped air pockets. If your blend were forming something similar they could still be hidden in the halves.

Maybe something is still hidden inside, from what I see it seems there's no noticeable air pockets, I tried to put the two halves together and they fit like puzzle pieces.. I will cut in smaller pieces, just don't have the time right now but I intend to do it.

The waxes are feather and crystal, maybe (I bought them a lot of time ago) from CW, anyway the importer it's lipidchem.

More cut later!

I should find a better way to cut this baby, because it breaks as I try to make a little pressure with the knife.

Anyway I don't think there's a hair pocket in the spot where I cut it. I cut again in the vertical sense, and the other piece I cut it horizontally.

All I can see is pointw where the wax breaks, it seems like stone, you know those beautiflu stones that seems stratified... don't know if this make sense LOL.

Pics are are not the best, I only have my phone here and poor light (it's 11.30 PM here).

post-1267-139458464788_thumb.jpg

post-1267-13945846479_thumb.jpg

post-1267-139458464792_thumb.jpg

Due to the lack of time I just re-melted and repoured the same pillar. It's in the mold, and again bottom is solid rock, no visible signs of cavities.

If I have some time I intend to wick it with the wick I always use, and will show you how it goes.

So together we will see if it can be improved.

See ya later :)