Exploding lye....

Vec

Does anyone know any tricks to keep my lye tame when I open it? Seems every time I open my lye it wants to explode out of the container like popcorn all over my workspace. And, can I just clean it up with plain water...or should I use vinegar?

Does anyone know any tricks to keep my lye tame when I open it? Seems every time I open my lye it wants to explode out of the container like popcorn all over my workspace. And, can I just clean it up with plain water...or should I use vinegar?

This happended to me last week too. As I poured it, it was hopping out everywhere. It kind of freaked me out. Some landed on my leg. Even dry it started to burn after a while. I put vinegar on the burn and everything was fine.

I'll have to try the dryer sheet too.

The old dryer sheet works like a charm , just rub it around the container you are pouring the dry lye into. I also put my scale in a box when I pour lye to catch any flying stuff. Oh and Bunny:cool2: that woman of wisdom taught me about the dryer sheet. Thanks Bun