Anybody else notice the change in Ecosoya PB

I have been using ecosoya pb for some time now for tarts. Recently the label changed from blue to orange but they are both supposably the same thing. The only change was the label color.

I see a huge difference in my tarts, they are frosting and don't have the shiney smooth tops. Is anybody else having the same results as I am?

I use that wax but have the blue label in my stock. I have more coming next week ... I'll see what color the label is.

Coffeebean, found out the box coming has an orange label. Which supplier did you get yours from? Even better if you could also let me know the lot number on your box - - - if it's the same I'll pour a tester right away.

Oh boy your not going to be happy with your new wax. I got mine from C&S. This is my second shipment of it, and I'm just not happy with it. It has a ivory creamy color, the tops are rough not smooth and shiny and the tops also have a lot of frosting, not pretty at all. Good luck!!

It has a ivory creamy color, the tops are rough not smooth and shiny and the tops also have a lot of frosting, not pretty at all. Good luck!!

The bolding is mine. Did you color yours? I just melted a few ounces straight from the box (no FO or dye) and waiting to see how it sets up in the morning. My Lot # is 9313189000 19:59.

This is the first time my husband asked what I was melting because it gave off an odor. Have you noticed that too?

If anyone has worked with the orange label and is NOT noticing a difference please let me know the lot # and where you got it from.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally someone else is having a problem with NGI! I was beginning to feel like a nut!

I use their votive/pillar blend too; I don't have any of the new label batches yet; I bought a gazillion pounds before they changed it. I am, however, having HUGE problems with their CBA, and not the XL, but the CBA that also got a pretty new label. I will tell you that NGI hasn't yet answered any of my calls; and they don't have a human answering the phone anyway. C&S hasn't been much help either. They aren't acknowledging that they know of a problem either. I have a hard time believing that I'm the only customer they've had with a problem. I've spoken to them several times; my last call which included an order for wicks, I had asked to speak with Cindy. i was told she was on another call and would call me back. That was two weeks ago and I'm sure she was told. Then I sent an email; no response. I'm pretty pissed. I'll be willing to try the XL, maybe; after I hear some final results from the posters that are testing. As for the pillar blend; that could be a huge problem for me as well cause I pour a few hundred votives a week! Right now I'm testing with some other wicks, but I'm also going to start testing with the C-3 again as well. NGI and C&S aren't scoring real well these days! Please continue to post any updates to your situation!

Edited by Gretchen

• 1 month later...

I'm new to this site and have only been making candles for about 8 months. I ordered 2 / 50lb boxes of the EcoSoya PB & CB Advanced. My boxes have the orange label on PB and Purple label on CB Adv. I have had nothing but problems from the get go. I also got the Eco Wicks which are suppose to be great for the Eco Wax.

I would Pick 1 container and pour 5 or 6 of those containers with just plain wax. I would put a different size eco wick in each one. Starting with the wick that was recommended and also using 2 sizes below and 2 sizes above. They start out burning really nice but about 2 hours into the burn the wicks start to burn out. The same thing happens with the pillar blend. Either the candle burns out or the wax runs out. I haven't been able to get one of the Eco wicks to burn correctly in this wax yet. I am also looking for any help or sugestions.

NGI did this about 4 years ago when I first made a large order from them. They said they didn't change anything, but batch runs can change from batch to batch. The label in this case seem like a tip off! I would talk to one of their techs if possible. :confused:

I know this isn't classifieds, but if anyone needs CB-Advanced, I have wax from about a year ago that I am selling. (but I'm in the NW, Portland, Oregon and it seems like most people here are on the east coast.)