Foamy soap

LynnS

I want to offer foam soap this craft season and on my website.I love it. I got some at a store and it lasts forever. :shocked2:

Is there a base for it or do some make their own . If a base where can I get it and if a recipe would someone mind sharing it.

I see foam bottles you can buy. Where can I get those at the best price???

Been doing some searching and taking way to long. Decisions decisions.

Thank You

LynnS

I dont know if they are the cheapest, but SKS has some great, attractive, cheap ones.

As far as I understand it, you just use liquid soap and add water. I think you have to really test test test, but I *think* I remember a mix rate of 1:7, 1 parts soap, 7 parts water, to fill an 8oz bottle. Of course, again... that would require testing. Probably depends alot upon the kind of liquid soap used, and the fragrance.

http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin14f.html

Thank You!!!!

I have a antibacterial base I use. Mix somehow and use the foam bottles.

The soap I got was nothing but colored water. I Finally got the bottle opened and Wa La there was FOAM. Smelled good, lasts a long time and no mess from a bar of soap.

I am sure kids love it too. Likely would wash their hands. :)

Yes it would be some testing.Scent etc.I will do as you mentioned .Try the 7:1 ratio. Won't be alot of soap to use that way. That gallon of base would last long time. Also would keep the cost down on what you charge for a bottle of foamy soap. :yay:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Foam-Soap-Refill-103893

Seems easy enough to make, start with one recipe and tweek to your liking.

Would you add a preservative to this or would the liquid soap have it already?

I was wondering about that too... if I were to use my handmade liquid soap I would add a preservative for sure, but commercially available bases might already have it...

I have used foamer bottles with the liquid soap I make no problem. I don't add water. They do last forever.

I was just playing with this with some liquid soap I made. When adding water, the foam seems to disipate quickly when washing hands. If you don't add water in the bottle (just put straight soap into the foamer) does the foam on your hands last longer?

I have found that a really sudsy liquid soap works best for thick dense suds. I just started using for my family, the Dr Bronner liquid unscented soap. It's really thin but works great at about 1/2 and 1/2 water. I have also for years used a thick shower gel. You need to keep trying more or less soap till you get it right. I try for a dense foam that feels soapy. If too much water is used it might not foam much at all more bubbly. Don't throw away your testers just pour some of your mixture into another bottle and add more liquid soap. I have about a quart I keep adding to cause it was way too red. Don't like red foam so be sure if you color to mix in a cup with water and only add a little and test. Also use mineral water. HTH