Where do you get your yuzu....& story

Lyndsay

An old friend of the family asked me to make her some items in yuzu fragrance. So I bought yuzu from WSP, made her 10 or so items and shipped the package.

Yesterday, she sent me an email letting me know that she received the items, and claims the yuzu smells NOTHING like the other yuzu bath items she has. She says all her other yuzu bath items smell the same....then there's mine. Yuzu is her fav fragrance but mine smells like apples. (Ok, I think it smells nothing like apples).

I have never smelled yuzu before and bought from wsp bc Ive never had a "bad" fragrance from them.

Has anyone ever bought yuzu from WSP? If not, where do you get your yuzu?

Im tempted to buy a bath product from one of her "fav stores" and see how it smells compared to mine.

Scent Works. and it's a very strong, bright lemon-tangerine to my nose. With grapefruit in it too, of course.

Good to know about scent works, thanks.

Are you asking which sellers she buys her other yuzu products from?

Thanks for the response Carebear.

I baught a small 2 oz bottle to try a few months ago from wsp and I don't like it at all.

I thought yuzu was supposed to be a Japanese grapefruit scent but this stuff smells nothing like grapefruit at all...kind of a chemical smell to me.

Im so disappointed in wsp.

She hasnt asked....but Im thinking she may. Would you remake all the items in a new yuzu fragrance free of charge for her? Shipping alone would be atleast $15.

I just make things for myself so I might not be the best to respond but...I would have to say yes. It would definitely be a good gesture and cause no hard feelings. Even if she doesn't ask I would probably go ahead and re-do her order and send it out. Maybe offer to re-make it if she can send the other items back? Perhaps the smell wasn't what she expected, but you could sell them to someone else? JMO.

I agree with xxxx ...at least it's what i would do...i would make her a whole new order but ask her if she could please send the other back since she doesn't like it you may be able to sell it to someone else.

I made a yuzu room and linen spray for someone in the wsp scent and she actually liked it so everyones sniffers are different....what one person loves the other will say ewwww lol

wsp does have some really nice scents and then theres a few I can't stand and was totally dissapointed in...thats why I always get the 2oz bottles to try out becuase the prices are pretty high to begin with even with the free shipping.

I wish CS had yuzu...they are pretty much my favorite place for FO's

Tell her you'll make replacements for her at no charge and you'll send her a couple of samples of the scent to see which one she likes. Or at least find out who she buys from so you can compare. I wouldn't make them all without sending a sample of the scent. Some people just don't like handmade stuff no matter what you do you won't please them.

Thanks for everyone's response. She shipped the items back to me today, and the shipping cost her $21, which she wasnt happy about...as I can understand. I am about to order yuzu from NG and send her a lotion sample to see if she likes it. If she doesnt...oh man. I imagine she will want her money back. *sigh*

Now I need to come up with a name for my "old" yuzu, lol.

• 3 months later...