Red musk? Egyptian musk? Differences?

Darbla

How is red musk different from plain ol' regular musk? I think white musk tends to have a bit of floral to it, but what sets Egyptian musk apart? I'm just trying to understand what differences (if any) I can expect depending on which of these is in an FO description.

Edited by Scented

I found a 'Red Egyptian Musk' at Save On Scents, but they seem kind of iffy to me. I really don't see them discussed as a favorite supplier here, what discussion there has been seemed to have quite a few negative comments, so I just haven't even tried them yet.

Well I'm not a SOS fan sooooooooooo ... can't help you there. I am, though, a fan of Southern Soapers ;) and Kelly could tell you more about the scent (like if she renamed it as I know a few of her oils were. I just haven't been on the site until I get ready to place an order.)

Edited by Scented

• 4 years later...

Now I'm looking for French musk. Anybody got suggestions for that?

And I just saw in another thread that Lebermuth has a blue musk and a white musk so now I'm curious about them! The smallest bottles at Lebermuth seem to be 1 lb, though, and that's a gamble. What is up with that?

• 7 years later...