Size Between a htp 105's and htp 126's?

I use an htp 105 in my 2 1/2" jelly jars (8 oz.)...works perfect. I started a htp 126 in my new 3" pint jars (16 oz) this week. The 126's seem too hot in the 3" pints. The melt pool gets all the way to the glass in about an hour and a half. The 105's are not hot enough in the 3" pints. Wax hangs up even after 3 hours. I thought the 126's were one size up from the 105's. Am I wrong? I'm using the same soy wax and f/o's in these to compare. Has anyone used an htp wick that you think would fall in between these? I don't see one between these two on BC's website. That is the graph I used to pick out the 126's. The 105's have been perfect. Now I'm trying to create a larger sized candle and am struggling. Hmmmm... I bought the 105's from KY and the 126's from BC. Could they vary? :confused:

Sorry for all the questions...

Actually the 126 is SUPPOSE to be the hottest HTP right now according to the Atkins & Pearce catalog. I have found it to be cooler than the 1312, but hotter than the 1212. The 1212 may be too hot also for a 3" jar depending on fragrance. I do use the 1212 in a few 3" jars for my real hard to burn fragrances, but mostly use the 60-44 and 62 cottons. If you have any, I would try a 60-44 cotton, or a 62 cotton depending on the fragrance you are using. I switch between HTPs and cottons for my inbetween sizes. HTH

My experience with HTPs has been that the 126 is below the 1212 and then the 1312 is above that. I get better burn in a 3" square glass quilted jar with the 1312 than the 126, when using a heavy FO like a Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee.

I prefer the HTPs but if I get an in between like yours, where 105 is not enough but 126 is too much, I then will try out either the LX16, 18, or 20. I like the variety of sizes in the LX line. HTH!

the geek

My experience with HTPs has been that the 126 is below the 1212 and then the 1312 is above that. I get better burn in a 3" square glass quilted jar with the 1312 than the 126, when using a heavy FO like a Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee.

I prefer the HTPs but if I get an in between like yours, where 105 is not enough but 126 is too much, I then will try out either the LX16, 18, or 20. I like the variety of sizes in the LX line. HTH!

the geek

That is what I thought too. I used a 1212 in the 3" jars and the flame was "crazy wild":shocked2: This was before I had some 126's. The 126's do seem quite a bit less hot to me...but I still would like something smaller. I don't have any experience with the LX's or cottons. I think I will go out of my comfort zone and try some of them.

:) Thanks for the input.

btw, I've been scratchin' my head the last 2 days because I checked the burn rates for a few wicks I use and some of the bigger wicks are listed on the www.braidway.com site as having smaller melt pools. They seem to be named based on their rate of consumption, but that doesn't seem to always coincide directly with the size of the melt pool.

I'm testing wicks right now and one wick that supposedly is several sizes above the one I'm currently using isn't achieving a full melt pool. Wicking gives me a headache sometimes.

Christa

I use a Performa 95 or 100 in my 16 oz canning jars.... I'm not sure why these don't get more exposure because I really like them in my KY125... and they are made by Atkins and Pearce, too.

eta the jars I use are a little under 3".

Christa

Huh...I also use KY125 with the KY115 and beeswax. I'll have to check out Atkins and Pearce.

Thanks...that's helpful too.:)