Yet another label thread...

Starr

*sigh*

So I'm at a somewhat awkward point in that I'm selling just a LITTLE bit. Just enough so that I have a reason to make stuff because I can't possibly burn/wash/etc... everything that I want to make. Whereas it's probably not the most profitable way to go about things, I'm more or less content for the time being.

Anyway, that being said, I'm somewhat at a loss as to what to do with my candle labels. I'm really trying to make one somewhat generic label that I can 'personalize' with scent name but much past that, I'm really not sure what to do with it. I have a really cute background for my label that goes along well with the labels I've made for my B&B stuff but what exactly it should say is where I'm stuck.

DH is NO help because even though I make very few of our candles anymore (B&B got to be WAYYYYYY more addictive for me then wax) I'm still the "Labeling Department".

So... HELP?!

If its wording for a candle label you will want your company name, scent name, product name eg.; soy candle, and net weight in oz. You will also need a warning label for the bottom of the candle. You should be able to get that info thru a search or you can purchase already made warning labels for you candles. Just make sure they are for the right type candle; jar, pillar, votive, etc.

If you need help with design their are some companies that do candle label designs and you can add in the scent name later. Labelsbythesheet.com has this service and so does myownlabels.com

Also, if you could use a good label making program go to Avery.com and download their free label making program DesignPro. It makes great labels and has some pre-made designs and lots of images to use in your labels.

Candybee, I think maybe I wasn't descriptive enough. I'm not entirely new to this process. I've been making our labels for quite some time, it's not a design problem, or anything like that. I've got sheets and sheets of proofs and potential label designs saved it's a matter of what's going to make that label POP.

"Paraffin Wax Votive Candle" is just... BLAH to me. I'm trying to find something that sounds... cozy, inviting, SOMETHING.

When I'm making B&B labels, it's easy for me to say something like "Super Moisturizing Hand Salve" for example. I'm trying to find something (mostly for my votives) that's a little more inviting. Everything word wise I've come up with reminds me of a generic box of Corn Flakes at the grocery store.

I'm fighting both size restrictions (because obviously a super huge label is not going on a little votive candle) and the WOW factor I guess you could call it of a votive candle.

Maybe I'm just jaded on votives. I haven't made them in a while, DH has really taken over just about all the waxy stuff and that could be my problem. I'm just trying to figure out someway to make it more exciting.

I too, am struggling w/ labels. I want something that I can use for my jar candles and tart bags, and just customize the scent name. I am trying to make changes that will save $ in the long run. Hope you figure something out:)..... Im sure I will be thinking on this one for awhile.....

Well, I'm glad to know that it's not just me struggling with making an interesting sounding label. It's too late now to start messing with it but I think I'm going to play around some more in the morning and see if anything good pops into my brain!