Natural Colorants; Do they smell?

fuzled

If I use natural colorants in my CP soap making will they scent the soap? My plan is to add as a swirl after the main batch is poured (1tsp per cup).

I want to try:

Cocoa powder

Sage

Cucumber

Tumeric

Carrot

Tomato

Coffee

But was hoping some one that's used them before could tell me if the scent carries over to the finished soap

Completely depends on the scent you are using. I've used just about everything as a colorant LOL

Tumeric: No doesn't have a scent, but it needs a strong FO. I used it with lemon once, and NOT a good idea, totally left a scent

Cocoa powder: Yes, leaves a scent, but very slight depending on how much you use. If you use quite a bit, yeah, it'll smell like chocolate.

Curry: I used it once and only once. All I can say is maybe it was just me, or perhaps it was because i gelled the soap, but it turned a funky color and smelled like kind of like dirty socks (and I love curry!). I've stayed away from it since.

Coffee: Again, depends. If you are using it with another FO, probably no scent anyone is going to notice, but if it's alone, it does kinda have a scent, but I use it in massive amounts in my soap.

Sage: To me, yeah. But I've only ever used my own dried sage which is REAL strong anyway.

Cucumber: I wouldn't use fresh or dried cucumber, I did that once (dried) and it made the soap go bad. Ditto with tomato, but tomato juice works really well, to me leaves a slight scent though. Any fruit or veggie in soaps (I've only ever used dried) never works out for me.

Carrot: I've only ever used carrot juice, and no, never left a scent for me but does turn the soap a REAL funky color.

I tried out the Sage and Tumeric and doesn't seem to smell with the FO I used, but I wonder if it's blending with the FO (if the FO would smell differently without the spices added.)

Thanks for the replies with your experiences!!