Seen this candle w/ built-in matchbox?

That looks like a sure-fire way to burn your house down...literally!!:tiptoe:

THAT IS THE TRUTH! Are you just supposed to not burn the candle all the way to the box or what? After all of the fires that candles get blamed for it amazes me that someone would add to that by putting a whole box of matches in it!

This idea is nearly as silly as my egg candle project.

I have a matchless lighter that I keep in a drawer. When I want to light a candle I walk 6 feet and retrieve it...then walk another 6 feet to the candle and light it. Of course, I do have to return the lighter to the proper drawer and then come back, so that's another 12 feet. However, if I had one of these nifty matchbox candles I could save myself the hassle of walking 24 feet.

:P

I'm sure this is going to be a very unpopular reply, but I think it's a neat idea. The fact that we don't know the design of the inside of the candle makes it a little more difficult. Granted there are probably some people dense enough to make a candle like this with the wick all the way through, I doubt that is the case. If it is, there's likely a crimp or shield of some kind preventing it from burning that low. 40 hrs burning time for a 15.5" x 5.7" pillar is not that long(if the numbers are in fact inches), leading me to believe it's not wicked the full height.

If it were packaged airtight, it would be very valuable in an emergency kit.

I think it's a little silly, but it gets the gears in my head turning. Maybe one could design a pillar candle holder that contained a drawer in the base for holding matches... Now, that would be handy, more attractive, and totally reusable too.

Okay I guess it would really depend on how the candle was made. BUT WHY would anyone want something like this? So I get to thinking. Anyone stupid enough to store matches in a candle, cannot be smart enough to remember to not wick all the way down to the match box. I am willing to bet they used a wick-stick-em to glue their wick to the matchbox :rolleyes2