CDN10 wick

I ordered a sample pack from Just By Nature and you might know the only wick missing is the CDN 10, this is the next size wick I wanted to tset in my 8 oz jelly jar.Argggggggggg....And the smallest size CD from Cajun Candles is CD 14 I will test it to see how it Burns, but I have read so many good Reviews with CDN and C3 wax...

Oh well I will just have to wait on testing until the CDN 10 comes in.I did call Just By Nature and they took my name down and siad they would send them as soon as they came in.

I have check the Scented bean they are ouit of stock also, must be used quite a bit.

Thanks for listening

CDN is a version of CD that's treated to work better with corrosive waxes. I think it's gotten overhyped due to the myth that container soy is corrosive. That's not true at all.

CD is the version that's designed best for container soy. It's also more widely available and you can easily get all the sizes.

That doesn't mean that CDN isn't useful. It could be helpful with certain corrosive FOs. However, I think you should test a fragrance with the same sizes of CD and CDN side by side before making a choice.

Most people get by just fine with only CD or HTP. In fact, if you wanted to have alternative wick types on hand, those two would be nice. The designs are similar, but the burns are a little different and the sizes are different. It increases your options.

Lone Star carries them and has a nice sample pack of all the sizes. I keep a sampler of both CDNs and CDs on hand for just such situations. Because CDs and CDNs are identical except for the treatment (and whatever wick wax is used), it makes sense to me to keep both on hand. And that ain't no hype. :)

Stella , I do remember you telling me to keep both on hand Cajun candles only has CD 14 on up , Its a bummer because they are so close to me.And of all times to get a darn head cold, just when I start testing candles and cant smell a darn thing,Again thanks so much

All I know about the difference in suppliers CD wicks is I had been getting them from Bitter Creek but needed more quick so ordered from a supplier closer, the same size CD wick and they were not the same as to the wicking and burning. So I could get them quicker I started buying them from WSP and that is the only place I buy my CD wick.

I know she was asking about the CDN wicks but she also was talking about the size CD wicks she could get. I have no experience with CDN wicks.

Edited by grama

Sorry - I was unclear, Grama, and I agree with your warning. All CD & CDN wicking comes on spools from the manufacturer. The distributor or supplier applies wick wax to it and makes it up into wick assemblies. By the time we buy it, we often do not know what wick wax was applied and it can certainly make a difference in the performance, as you discovered. Thanks for pointing out the wisdom of sticking to ONE supplier. :)

Edited by Stella1952