Cleaning Wax

I am getting down to the end of a case of wax. Now I'm getting a lot of trash in the wax that is showing up in the candles. My method of letting the trash settle to the bottom and pouring off the clean wax is no longer working. I need a way of cleaning/filtering the wax, but I don't think a strainer would work. The wax would harden up as it hit the screen, or am I off base?

I use disposable paint filters to filter mine, they work great and when they get to nasty no cleaning just toss it. I use the strainer for all my wax not just the end of the box. When I am transferring the wax from my presto to my pour pot (to scent and dye) I pour it through the filter while weighing out the wax. HTH

Old pantyhose is what I use. Just cut off a piece in the middle of the sheer part and tie it over pour spout of presto and turkey melter - single layer. Works great!

Don't happen to have any of those. Maybe my wife has a spare.

It worked. The wax went through the fabric like water. The fabric didn't melt or clog. I wonder if I can reuse this thing or do I need to replace the fabric every time? The forum has come through again. Many thanks.