another selling site

leisa2003

Looks like an Etsy knock off....

LOL!! Who cares, no fee's. Between all these other sites charging a listing fee and a % of your sale and then paypal fee's. We need places like this.:smiley2:

Actually, it is alot different. You get more banners,..they also put items in a "spotlight", to advertise your product. You can choose to have 5% sales on holidays (automatically). You can volunteer to have your products put into an auction. You can also donate a percentage to help the rainforests, etc. It is actually not to profit any certain business,...it benefits a good cause,...I like that.

Edited by leisa2003

The nice thing about ShopHandmade is that I have seen full page ads for that site in Crafts 'n things magazine....so I know they are at least advertising. Does Etsy advertise at all? Usually when I mention Etsy to people I get the weird side-eye like noone has ever heard of them! :sad2:

Not knocking it.....just making an observation.......when I have 5 seconds to myself....I may check it out....:smiley2:

Oh, I know you weren't knocking it. Your a sweetheart.:wink2:

Trudi, what is your shop name on there?

I love looking at everyone's purdy thingy's they make!!!:drool:

My site is "NaturallyTru". www.naturallytru.shophandmade.com Right now I am clearancing out my bath & body stuff. Just doesn't sell well for me and it's not my favorite thing to mess with anyway. I prefer messing with my soy candles. I have melts and warmer sets on the site only so far. I used to sell candles from 2000 - 2004; but had to stop due to Lupus. Am trying to get back into it; but money is so much tighter than it was then for me. Just got wicks in so I can test the jar style I selected. Little at a time...I'll get there.

Trudi

I paid for a whole year and never had one sale!! I think the only advertising they do is sending everyone that lists there an email. Sooooooo the potential buyers are also the sellers. There was only 1 or 2 other listings other than mine for the whole year and I never sold a thing. My candles are very nice, and professional looking compared to what else was on there. I WAS NOT IMPRESSED! Things may have changed since October, but I did not renew my membership!:angry2: