UV Inhibitor and palm wax.....

For those of you that make palm wax candles, do any of you use the uv inhibitor in your candles? I am concerned about the darker candles I am making loosing their color.

Also, how much do you use and is it possible that it can change the pattern of the wax?

Thanks Bunches,

Debbie

Hi Debbie

We use UV stabiliser in our palm products. Without going and looking it up I seem to recall a usage rate of about 0.2% which is very minimal. I think it works out to about a teaspoon / kilogram.

We have not found any difference in using it vs not, except for vastly reducing the colour fading. It has had no noticeable affect on the burn, throw or feathering / crystalising patterns.

HTH

I always use it in all my candles, hurricanes & melts. It does not cause any issues for us in any of the waxes or formulas we use, both soy & palm. The amount added differs depending on whose UV stabilizer you buy. Check the recommendations from your supplier. :)