GB 415 vs 464

Continuing on my candle making journey. So far I've tested CB adv. ,CB 135, C-3, and Comfort wax. I'd like to try either 415 or 464 next. For those of you with exp with these two waxes, which gives the better HT? Im not concerned with repours or frosting at this point, just the HT.

Thanks guys:yay:

Edited by pixie
spelling

you will probably get different answers...i have used both extensivly...

i decided on 415..i feel the HT is better...both have great CT..

i have learned to pour at the slushy stage..and i choose cd wicks..

i will also admit, that i test many fo's before one passes my test....

but i like a very strong throwing candle...

i choose this wax, because at the time i could buy it close to me...

i would test the waxes...and then let the deciding factor be,

which one you can get that is close to you...

shipping that much weight, is a killer...

Good luck....have fun...i hope i have helped...

if you have more questions just post..:)

If you dont mind me asking...did you have any luck with the HT in the 464 at all? I just recently tried the 464 and dont care for the HT at all. Just like you, I like a strong candle and had half way decent luck with C-3 but shipping was killing me so I found 464 close to home. The local supplier does handle 415 also. You are happy with the HT in the 415?

don't mind your asking at all...

yes i did find that some threw very good in 464...

but i found i had better results with the HT with 415..

what my experiance was, if it threw well in 464, most always it also threw well in 415...but not always the reverse..so i finally came to the decision of going to one wax...and learning to make it work for me..rather to expend time and money on both..as you know testing is expensive...but it does have to be done....

if you will look in the search under GB 415..you will find many posts by me and others here...on fo's that do really well in 415..

if you can't find them...post and i will repost some of the fo's that i use continually...and that do really well for me...

as i said in the above post...if you can get wax locally..that is your best bet..

i have used 415 for along time...and now i can no longer get it close to me...so when my stash runs out...i am going to have to make some decisions...:shocked2: i am either going to have to buy in palets or find 2 or 3 others that would share a palet...that live close to me..

so the world turns...lol

i always add my fo at 175 degrees...and stir for 3 min...

then i stir it everyonce in a while, untill it becomes slushy...then pour...

i have tried at different temps...but from my experiments and everyone else at the time i was experimenting..we came to the conclusion..that 175 was best..so that is what i stick to...

when i try out new fo's...i stick with the same guide lines..

also with 415..i have found that usually it take a bit longer of cure time...but not always...

i usually leave my testers for 1 week then start testing...

there is one fo..that i lov...ICS Pink Sugar (my favorite)

takes about 2 to3 wks..for it to be at its best..but so worth it..

8-gran....said i decided on 415..i feel the HT is better...

Can I ask if you are using any additive, and are the tops smoother pooring at the lower temp? I poured this at 120 and it was so so.

Linda

Sorry I'm not getting the quote thing down here.

Edited by soy327

i don't use any additive..

at first i tried all kinds of things to try and get the HT to be better..

like coconut...beeswax...palm..mixing other waxes...

I didn't find anything that inhanced the wax..

so i decided that...no additives..and i would just test..test & test fo's..

until i found ones that worked for me...i also quit coloring my candles...

i pour when it is slushy...but still very pourable..if i do happen to let it

get a little to slushy, and it all does not want to pour out...

i just hold it up over a stove burner, and let it kind of melt the side down some..and pour it in...

and most usually i don't have to hit with the heat gun...but if they are not as smooth as i like..it just takes a few seconds to zap them with the HG and you have smooth tops..

but i don't do that until the candles are totally cool..usually the next day..HTH

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

Thanks for the reply, I am still testing the 135 vs 415, I live outside of Denver and can pick up from Peak. So this is very important for me not to pay shipping.:yay::yay:

My 1st choice though would be the ez soy I got a sample and loved the ct and ht, I have heard the 415 and ez soy are the same but they didn't appear the same when I tested them?:confused:

Linda

Hi,

I also use the 415 and love it. If you are concerned with frosting, I have read that you can add 1 TBS of LuAnns Coconut oil, but like Ruth, I don't color my candles any more either. Also, I won't pour above 170-175 tops.

As for the EZ Soy, it is a really good wax as well. I was told that the 415 and EZ Soy are the same wax, except that EZ Soy has a few other things added to it. I personally found no difference between the 2 that made me want to stop using the 415. I decided to skip the middle man and get the 415 more direct and it has saved me tons of money. I order 500 lbs or more at a time.

The best wick that I have found for the 415 is the CD wicks. I have tried HTP, RRD and the CD work the best in my opinion.

Hope that helps!!

Hi,

I also use the 415 and love it. If you are concerned with frosting, I have read that you can add 1 TBS of LuAnns Coconut oil, but like Ruth, I don't color my candles any more either. Also, I won't pour above 170-175 tops.

As for the EZ Soy, it is a really good wax as well. I was told that the 415 and EZ Soy are the same wax, except that EZ Soy has a few other things added to it. I personally found no difference between the 2 that made me want to stop using the 415. I decided to skip the middle man and get the 415 more direct and it has saved me tons of money. I order 500 lbs or more at a time.

The best wick that I have found for the 415 is the CD wicks. I have tried HTP, RRD and the CD work the best in my opinion.

Hope that helps!!

i agree on the wicks...i tried them all too...and like cd's best...