Labels By The Sheet

msalex28a

I just want to vent that I'm so disappointed with their quality of their clear gloss labels. They used to be thick and glossy and now they are thin and grainy. I called them and they said their manufacter changed their paper type. Well for that quality you would hope they would charge a lot less. Anyone else have this problem? Also do you know if online labels are the same? I just don't want to buy so many at once.

I do not know if they are "related", but I had an issue with onlinelabels 2 weeks ago ~ my round kraft labels only had 10% glue on the back of them. However, they did take them back and send me another order (much better).

Ask them to take them back and send you a "good" order of labels.

Sorry, I know how frustrating that is.

Carrie

i can't make the comparsion b/w OLL and LBS but I will say I get all my labels for onlinelabels and one style i get are the laser crystal clear. and they live up to their name. I have only had one issue with them which was I got the wrong order, however the fixed it immediately.

I know exactly what you are talking about msalex28a. I noticed the difference and did not like them but using them anyway. I don't want to have to buy a whole box of them from labelsonline (maybe should be onlinelabels) so will keep using them. Did she happen to say if she would try to get them to change back or anything/

Edited by grama

My last order from onlinelabels were the same...thin and grainy not smooth at all. I had called them and they too had said the manufacturer had changed the full sheet clear labels. I have been using them for awhile and actually like them now. They kinda "grew" on me. I usually cut my own labels and when making lotion bottle labels I use wide tape to cover my labels so they don't smear and these thinner ones work better for that I think because I don't end up with a super thick label after added the over lay of tape.

Edited by ayshapooh
misspelling

I use the clear gloss inkjet labels from Online Labels, and I can see where you might see a very slight graininess, but only if you really look for it. The people at Online Labels are super helpful, and that counts for a lot too! I don't remember offhand, but I think their prices are better than LBTS too.

On a somewhat related note....I can't seem to get all the air bubbles out when I'm applying them. :( I have to be careful not to smudge the ink, even though I'm spraying an acrylic sealer on them after printing, so I try to get it right the first time. (Unsuccessfuly most of the time.) I use circle labels, and they basically look good, but I haven't mastered the smooth application! Any words of sticking wisdom?? :confused:

I kinda like the thinness because it almost looks like there's no label there (ideally) and the logo is just on the glass. I've put some on today that look better, after pulling the sides really tight before sticking them on gently, then smushing them flat against something without rubbing them (actually, I used my thigh...very scientific, huh?). No air bubbles today anyway! :smiley2: Whatever works....