Tired Ideas

mrscranker

Hey Candlers - I've run out of ideas for Christmas in the shop Anyone have new ideas for Sales for Christmas. For example - last year we did "we have a sweet deal for you" and when cust made a purchase we used hersheys kisses in the holiday colors -Green 5%off - Red 10% off and Silver 15% off..... They drew them out of a christmas stocking

how about a brainstorming session...... for new ideas

Edited by mrscranker
additions

Not exactly a new idea but my customers love a 2 for or 3 for sale. Eg.; I am having a 3 for sale on my candles and a 4 for sale on my soaps. Since I started that the candle and soap sales picked up immediately.

I like your kisses idea. Did you do well last year? If you did you may have repeat customers come back this year for another kisses sale. If you don't want to do that again why not just do a different theme or hand out discount coupons as they walk into the shop. There could be 5%, 10%, 20% off coupons that you hand out. Maybe the coupon giver could dress up as one of Santa's Elves and hand out coupons and candy kisses or chocolate gold coins from a tray.

Maybe have a prize drawing and have customers fill out a card and drop it in a large box thats gift wrapped with a bow and has a slit on top. Then have your drawing a week or week before Christmas. Just a thought. Make up a gift basket thats the prize and put it near the box.

Sorry-- I suck at this.:rolleyes2

Hello Candybee - we have done the 4 for 3 - thats a pretty good sale -- really trying to find something a little different... We are playing a game we made up with 4 other local busineses so alredy have a gift basket with the other businesses.

Gold Coins --- hummmm are those the candy coins -- can you find those at christmas? maybe we could do something with those....

Christmas grab bags? They always did well for me. Every bag is guaranteed to be worth a certain amount, but is priced several dollars lower.

Word scramble cards? You take the scents of 10 candles in your shop, scramble the letters and your customer figures out what it's supposed to be. If the customer completes the card correctly, they can turn it in for $5 of a $25 purchase. If people aren't any good at it, it encourages them to look at all of your candles to figure it out. Hopefully, they will be sniffing them as well and will decide to buy them. If you hand them out as they enter the store you can make them redeemable only on that day, or you can make them valid through the holiday season.

Really like the scramble card idea!

~Julia

Christmas grab bags? They always did well for me. Every bag is guaranteed to be worth a certain amount, but is priced several dollars lower.

Word scramble cards? You take the scents of 10 candles in your shop, scramble the letters and your customer figures out what it's supposed to be. If the customer completes the card correctly, they can turn it in for $5 of a $25 purchase. If people aren't any good at it, it encourages them to look at all of your candles to figure it out. Hopefully, they will be sniffing them as well and will decide to buy them. If you hand them out as they enter the store you can make them redeemable only on that day, or you can make them valid through the holiday season.