Anyone sell wickless jar candles?

cdesousa5

I am wanting to check the market in my area for wickless jar candles. I'm going to sell the burners as well. My question is what do you all charge for the larger containers and which jars do you think works best in the burners?

Thanks in advance.

Let me clarify the burners I'm wanting to sell are the cookie jar candle warmers. I've heard certain jars break, so if anyone has any experience with this type of burner, which containers work best.

Edited by cdesousa5
to add clarification

Geez really that stinks!! I really like the idea of no wick as that is what I have used with my candles when they get about 1/2 done. I wonder if I show them working it would make a difference?

I wanted to sell these next to my soaps, but maybe not. I don't have a lot invested in this just in case so I could use them for gifts right now.

Thanks Candlelady for sharing your experience.

I tried them last in the apothecary jar to go with my combo warmers.

Not a big seller. Lucy if I sold 2 cases...:sad2:

People seem to like the melts a lot better where I am..

I discontinued the wickless jars over the summer..

Why not try them, they may sell for you in your area..

I might consider doing a test market , but I am a bit discouraged as it seems these are not good sellers. I only bought a few of the bigger cookie jar warmers so it might just be for gifts at this point.

I'm like everyone else, ya hate to invest a ton of money into something that sounds great but doesn't sell.

I'll think about setting out one of the large and one of the votive size and see what people say, it'd be my luck that 50 people will want them!:laugh2:

I do alright with wickless, but I do not use glass. Reheating glass over and over again just does not seem like a good idea. In fact at the show I just did this past Saturday, I had a woman tell me about how a glass jar had broken on a warmer one time at her house. Needless to say I use tins.

Thanks for your comments. I am petrified of making a candle, but I have decided to buy one case of jars and try a para/soy blend and see if I can get it wicked right with a lite color & not to spicy heavy scent. I know it takes a lot of testing which translates into lots of $$$. I guess I'll stick with tarts till I get this figured out.

Thanks again

I made one wickless jar for myself. I was trying to use up the last of a batch of wax I bought. I messed up and bought the wrong wax and was stuck with 10lbs of it (lucky for me I bought small). So I made some gifties for family and friends (I had already tested this wax when I thought it was going to be my new wax of choice and got good burning results, it just wasn't the prettiest candle I'd ever poured) and still had about 1.5lbs left over that I didn't want to worry about storing for the whenever I might get to it and do something.

Anyway... I've got a HUGE apoth-style jar that I keep in the bedroom and I have to say... it just falls flat for me. The scent is great, the color is great, but if I'm making/buying a container, I want a wick. I want to see it flicker and such. I decided after that I wouldn't try to sell them.

There might be a market for them though. I would imagine that people with kids and pets might find the appeal in still having a jar but not having a flame.

I would tend to agree with a bedroom candle I would want the flicker of a flame. I was thinking of the cookie jars warmers would be in a kitchen or even the votive size in a family room or living room. I 'm gonna hold on these for now, seems like they are not appealing to many people.

Thanks

Edited by cdesousa5
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

We sell wickless jars - the 10 oz apothecary - and it has taken several years for them to finally take off. We ordered the cachepot warmers at Levines and had those at the shows. Once people understood what they were, they wanted to try them, but they have never been a great seller.

Of course, the year we decided to cut our wickless stock in half, everyone decides that is what they want!! :rolleyes2

You just have to try and see - maybe choose a few scents and carry those in wickless.