What are you doing this week?

Sorta like What is in your pot this weekend.

Anyone trying things new?

As most can tell from another post on here, I am trying new molds, but also wanting to try some other things this week

I am going to try some Christmas Embed Pillars/Votives

I am going to try some swirls pillars

Possibly try molted pillars, but don't you need molted wax for this or is there a short cut to this like freezing mold before pouring ? Any advice would be great

I think I am just trying to go "outside my comfort zone" and try new things. Since my christmas orders are kinda low right now, might as well play :-)

I did go by my bank today and asked if I could make some containers for them for the holidays and put their logo on the candles. They thought that was great and wanted samples. One lady even wants to host a home show - will be my first ever- but wants to wait until after holidays. So, I am going to make those this week. I can even leave my brochures and business cards as well. WOOHOO May even make a gift basket for a giveaway and see if they will let me do that part since I forgot to ask about the gift basket

Christina

I did go by my bank today and asked if I could make some containers for them for the holidays and put their logo on the candles. They thought that was great and wanted samples. One lady even wants to host a home show - will be my first ever- but wants to wait until after holidays. So, I am going to make those this week. I can even leave my brochures and business cards as well. WOOHOO May even make a gift basket for a giveaway and see if they will let me do that part since I forgot to ask about the gift basket

Christina

That's awesome! I'm not brave enough to do anything like that!

"Possibly try molted pillars, but don't you need molted wax for this or is there a short cut to this like freezing mold before pouring ?"

I'm guessing you mean "mottled" pillars? There are some waxes that are listed for this purpose, but you can also do it with any straight paraffin, like 1343. Do a search on "mottle" and you'll find more helpful info that I can possibly think to write ;)

I'm going to try testing some containers again, not that I got some wax. At least until I pull my hair our while wicking...lol. Other than that, just whatever idea strikes my fancy at the moment. I don't do too good at planning ahead. Something else always grab my interest and side tracks me :rolleyes2

I'm getting ready for my annual open house this weekend. Running that for two days, then Monday I have to set up for a school Secret Shop. I was also invited to do another school's holiday shop for next week so I'm trying to whip out as many candles as I can to try to cover all three shows. Pulling some late nights and getting up early to start all over again. Prolly sleep for a week after all this is done! LOL!

Trae

I'm working on oiling up my new soap stone burners (24 of them). You have to heat them, work in the oil, let dry and repeat in order to get the oil to hold. If I didn't oil these they'd be a dull, dusty, dry gray. The oil brings out all of the beauty in the stone. These are the best burners I've found yet. Then I've got about 160 tarts to make to go with the tart burners. I'm doing these for my sister's school's holiday bizarre. I've gotten customers from her school before for my tarts and burners and hope to make decent money this year by making them "Holiday Gifts to Go". They include the burner, tarts, tea lights, gift bag, tissue paper and card for $20.00. People like these because all they have to do is sign the card and it's all ready to go.

Finally got my lotion labels made up so I'll be filling bottles and labeling. Then need to start making my lip balm but that might have to wait since I need to make up stock of candles. And then I get to work on my catalog which I really don't want to do!!!!

Well I have a package coming in from Peaks, yipee, on Thursday:yay: and I also have some molds coming in that I won off of ebay. So it looks like the rest of my week will be extremely busy. Trying to get my personal christmas gifts for some of my co workers ready. Hopefully, I'll have some things to show off in the gallery.