Can you use B&BW home FO for soy candle making?

ldoebler

I have some bath and body works home fragrance oil, the ones that come in the .33 oz. Are these okay to use in making soy candles? Please do not tell me to "search" as I have already tried that. If you do not have something nice to say in your answer please do not respond. Sorry for the attitude, but there are a lot of rude people on here!

Hi..

I wouldn't...you never know what they have in their oils.Plus..it may be illegal to do that.I am not sure..but I really wouldn't do that.Have you made candles before? If not you may want to purchase a starter kit..if you have then you know you should buy the appropriate oil for soy candles.

Kim:smiley2:

I have some bath and body works home fragrance oil, the ones that come in the .33 oz. Are these okay to use in making soy candles? Please do not tell me to "search" as I have already tried that. If you do not have something nice to say in your answer please do not respond. Sorry for the attitude, but there are a lot of rude people on here!

If you do a search you will find the answer to this is no. There has been previous discussion on this. This would be way to expensive and I am sure those oils are cut with DPG for the candle burners.

Oh, really?

Their fragrances are likely cut, as mentioned previously, and you won't likely get a strong throw from them. Their home oils ... aren't they for their burners or to put on bulbs or bulb rings?

You'd be better off finding fragrance oils that work well with soy. There are companies that even have a leaf rating system or notes by their fragrances -- Candle Science and Kentucky Candle Supply come to mind. There isn't a forum that comes to mind where fragrances are reviewed for wax types or by how well they throw unlike there is for soap and B&B. There is a fragrance oil finder, but that isn't likely to get you too far in terms of how well an oil performs in soy.

As for the rest of your comment, it's best not to incite people to quarrel with you by indicating people on here are rude. While this board is a teaching format, not many people are going to help out those who don't try to help themselves ... if that makes sense.

With that said, I encourage those who post in this thread to try to refrain from turning this thread into an argument and I encourage the original poster to try to refrain from labeling people who post here as rude. It will land a lock on this thread if things get out of hand.