Wood Burning Fire Scent

blt212

I have a request for a wood burning fire scent and to date I haven't sampled any campfire, fireside, fireplace type scents. Anyone have suggestions on would be be close to this request. They want to market it in a Vineyard Tasting Room that has a wood burning fireplace if that helps?

I've searched and seen ICS's Elton John Fireside and Peak's Fireside, either of these mimic this...

Appreciate the feedback..

Thanks for the replies....

nmhoneybear: I wasn't able to find Fireside Inn on WildFire's site unless I'm looking at the wrong website. Can you send me the link please.

Trapp: I know you use C3 like I do, does WSP's Crackling Firewood give you a good throw and if so at what percent? Also how's the wicking?

I really appreciate the help, this one came out of nowhere and we all know what a pain the testing can be nevermind knowing if we're understanding what the customer is looking for....now if it was July I wouldn't care but now, i'm getting a little busier.....not complaining though :smiley2:

Brenda

Hi Trapp:

I was wondering if you had to wick up with the scent. I used 16oz smooth mason jars with an ECO10 for most scents - diameter of neck is 2 3/4" and widens to 3"

Just trying to avoid one of those wicking nightmare scents if possible...

Thx

Brenda

Thanks...I just found it....I must need to increase the magnification on my reader glasses. So I got some clarification from the Vineyard that they want to smell the smokiness so I'm leaning toward WSP Crackling Firewood. I can't tell by the Fireside Inn's Description if it's also smoky....

She also said that she smelled a candle a couple of years ago at Old Navy that was a fireplace/fire scent that she'd like to have it smell like. I didn't even know Old Navy sold candles :confused:

Brenda,

I use the 16oz mason too square or the round.

16oz square htp 105 wick......If it is a heavy sent I go to the htp 126. For the crackling firewood I go with the 105 (thats in the square jar)...But this jar is the small mouth jar....

In the 16oz round jar I use htp 126 on all scents....

That the small mouth....not the wide mouth.

And no, I don't have to wick up.

If you send me an email Brenda with your address I have a whole bunch of the 1oz sample and I could pour into one of them and send to you. And yes you definitely do smell the smoke, but its not strictly all smoke...Just really beautiful...I love...And I have to pour some today matter of fact.

How I got this scent is thru Misty as she made me a pillar in it once and it was just so beautiful....

Trapp

Trapp:

Thank you so much for the additional info, it was very helpful....it sounds like wicking won't be too much of an issue....I'll probably end up using an ECO10 or 12. I may have to test the HTP's at some point, the ECO's work well but tend to mushroom quite a bit if not trimmed regular. I appreciate the offer of a sample, but I already went ahead an ordered a 2oz sample from WSP...it was a nice surprise to see they're offering free shipping. If I can get one poured and approved by the customer, I'd love to get that offer when purchasing a larger qty of the scent. To date, I haven't used WSP for fragrances but may need to look into them more....

Have a great weekend!!

Brenda

Trapp:

You're reading my mind about curing. Did you find you had to let it cure awhile, if so how long? I poured it at 6% and couldn't resist lighting it last night (2nd day after making it - I have no patience!!!) but found it wasn't that strong. I'm thinking I probably need to let it cure but would love to hear feedback on cure timeframe and FO% you used in C3.....

Thanks again,

Well....I really liked WSP's Crackling Firewood but the customer wasn't loving it. I asked her if she could explain better what she wanted and she picked up a charred piece of wood out of the fireplace and said "this"!

So with that said, I'm back to the drawing board. I'm wondering if any of the fire, fireside, campfire, fireplace, fireside inn scents out there have that charred wood smell? :confused:

Appreciate the feedback...

No at this point, the only one I've tried is Crackling Firewood....so I take it the BCN's has the charred wood smell?

She's agreed to have me order several samples she can compare so sounds like that might be a good one to add...

Thanks Island Girl

Not sure about the Hictory but while searching for burnt wood, I came across a scent called Lumberjack from KY that I think would be good if you like the new wood smell....which I absolutely love...I may have to check that one out for myself.

Geesh, too bad that wasn't the scent what she was looking for. Just goes to show how everyones nose picks up scents differently. I definitely smell smoke in the WSP crackling fire.... Well, good luck in finding the scent she likes and its good she's buying different samples. You could always try mixing 1/2 of a smoke with 1/2 of another too....

Trappeur

Not sure about the Hictory

Ijust happened to be cooking some burgers when I posted that. I was using some of that Liquid Smoke ( hickory scent ) stuff on them. If that stuff weren't water based...

Not sure it made the burgers taste any better but it sure fooled my nose into thinking they were going to.