label requirements

rebeccajo99

I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere, but I cannot find it. I am wondering what is required for the labels.

What I can find on the internet is:

Soap name

net weight (can you do approxmations as long as you do the smallest it will be?)

Business name (do you have to list your street address, can you just do name, city and state)

Thanks in advance

This was answered in the soaping section so you may want to check the thread out.

For myself, I list all my ingredients on my label. I just don't want to risk someone getting sick off an ingredient they may be allergic to. E.g.; I've had people that were allergic to coconut so they couldn't buy my soap because it has coconut oil and coconut milk in it.:smiley2:

I'll tackle a couple of your questions.

No, you cannot just put name, city and state. Full address. People must be able to find your contact information.

No, you cannot put about 4 oz on your label. As I understand it, you can label it 4 oz and if it weighs 4.05 oz etc. then you're fine.

M&P soap and soap in general does not have to have the ingredients listed, but several people do put the ingredients on the label so consumers know what they're using. Eventually, I expect everything will require a label.