464 tarts FO

PrimBeginnings

Does less FO is sometimes better apply to tarts too? THere is no wick to get 'cloged' with FO and alter proper burn. I am pouring around 9% FO in 464 with 15% paraffin. I see the list of FO that work well in 464, that is wonderful info. Sometimes it seems like I'm always pouring money into samples that don't perform as well as I would like. Aubrey

It definitely can apply to tarts as well. Especially depending on the FO you are using. I have some scents that do great at very low percentages. It would be a waste to bump up to 9% just because you can. Definitely check it out and see if you can get away with a smaller amount.

What aren't you liking about your tarts?

I would like to improve the CT and HT and the length they last. Two afternoons seems to be the typical length for most tarts. I have tried using coconut oil. Could be my imagination, but the CT seemed stronger, at least at first. There are some tarts that are sold in our area that are soooo good, it makes me afriad to try mine on the public. I worry that if people try them and they are just good, not great that they won't come back, so I am trying for a great tart!

I'm no expert and this is only an assumption, could it be that the melt point of 464 is at the low end for tarts and that's why they don't last that long ? I think using a votive wax - that has a higher melt point- mixed with a low percentage of container wax would make the difference by keeping the fragrance longer ?