Thin black line in CP Soaps

rcrafty

Thanks for solving the mystery for me SoapDiva! :yay:

I love your soap, very nice!

I have a few more questions now, how does it stay in place when you add the next layer? Do you just spoon it on very carefully? Does it need to be done at a thick trace?

Thanks!

To answer your question, yes and no.

Usually by the time I blend the top layer with TD or add whatever color I am using, and dusting the bottom layer with cocoa in the mold, the bottom is firmed up enough to handle the top layer. The top layer doesn't have to be at a thick trace.

There have been times where it hasn't been that way, hence the not perfectly straight lines. When I pour one layer, it pushes into the bottom. I've had that happen a few times I'm cool with that, I think it looks cool and very artsy that way. I've stopped trying to be all perfect. Most of the imperfections I see people love.

I've also heard of people using activated charcoal for this purpose(the black line), but have not done it myself. I did just today do a top layer though, I used my spatula to spoon on the top layer and then a skewer to swirl and pull up some of the bottom color to show through the top white later. hth