Accounting Software?

Trish

Guest EMercier

After reading this, I might pull out my Access book from college and make my own databases. I downloaded a few from Microsoft, but I don't think it's what I wanted. I also downloaded the craft software, but read someplace else it's not that good for tech support. I guess I'll have to see what works, since I'm trying to take my business to the next level.

I would like to track my sales (each size container, pillar, scent), supplies purchased, an inventory...hmmmm.....I'll have to keep thinking on this since I really havent' looked into software much yet but know I need it!

You want to track sales down to what level?

Suplies down to what level?

Inventory down to what level?

How detailed?

With invetory how old it is maybe also?

Supplies all the way down to the distributor individual item numbers and what the lot cost is

Sales are you looking at cost/price or just a standard inventory -/+

I use QuickBooks Pro. The cost is fairly high, but its a good program. Quicken also has a version that is relatively cheap, and you can get it at places like Wal Mart or any other place that sells software. Again, if you just need invoices and nothing else, MS Publisher has invoices as a template. You mite also check out a company called Proventure. They have alot of business software that is easy to work with. I may even have a copy of it somewhere... I will look and repost later. HTH

Sean, you ask too many questions! ROFL I actually have somebody sending me a copy of their program so I'll see if it works for me or not. Thanks everyone for your help!!

Trish you never answered the right question:)

I know you know I can build what you want you just have to tell me what it is.

When creating a DB it is easier to delete existing fields then to add new ones. I used the Candle site that calculates it to the penny and fraction of pennies on labour.

When building a DB I lock it to the point that I dont remeber the code to unlock it so no one can modify the fields that it tracks so it can not be stolen or worse yet broken by the user.

CLient side the data base is easy this is what I have so far but I know there is fields that should be added.

Customer Info tracked

Name first last

Phone number

Alt Phone number

Email address

Physical adress

Billinign address

Privacy (Whether they want to recieve a mailer or email of specials)

Inventory side

Item Name:

Size of package:

Manufacter:

Product ID:

Price paid from vendor:

PO:

RPO:

Vendor Side

Item Name:

Product ID:

Wholesale:

Retail:

Cost:

Inventory in stock:

Aging:

Back Order:

I really just want something that shows I sold "xyz" candle for "x" amount. I know there's more to it, but right now, that's what I really want! I'm sure whatever you come up with will be awesome, that is if I can figure it out. LOL

I really just want something that shows I sold "xyz" candle for "x" amount. I know there's more to it, but right now, that's what I really want! I'm sure whatever you come up with will be awesome, that is if I can figure it out. LOL

Ok no more scents for you 1 year back of the line.

I can send you a doc with that easily right now you have open office and word or just word

Ohhh, I see how you are...gonna with hold FO to taunt me? LOL

I never did download the open money thing. It confused the hell out of me, and I don't have Word. However, I'm supposed to be getting it soon. I just have the MS Works word processor so once I get the MS Office, that will help. I hope anyway... :rolleyes:

Ohhh, I see how you are...gonna with hold FO to taunt me? LOL

I never did download the open money thing. It confused the hell out of me, and I don't have Word. However, I'm supposed to be getting it soon. I just have the MS Works word processor so once I get the MS Office, that will help. I hope anyway... :rolleyes:

Trish I sent you the open components you need :)

FIll in your info and by your description it should fill your temporary needs

Trish tri trish what am I going to do with you. Yes but til then goto web attack or download.com and download an excel reader and blamo you have it :)

I have a trial version still on my computer so I can VIEW it, but I can't make any changes or even copy/paste into something else. I'm saving it though, thanks for all the hardwork!

Wow Sean, you rock :) You have me about to attempt everything the nuns were teaching in high school while I was passing notes.

Not sure about the statement, but just like if I say my candle exploded I am sure every candle maker out there would want details and then the new people learn from it.

Same goes for creating anything you need details; for example the info I use for my Avon and COmic book business is different then my Bath and body products

COmic book

Name:

Address:

Phone:

Email:

Credit limit:

What catalog?

What comci books did he/she ordered?

Ship date:

Confirmed satisfaction

Avon

Name