Potenial Wholesale customer

Lorrie

I need help writing a letter to a (very large) potential wholesale customer. I can't physically meet with them so they asked that I send them a information packet. Has anyone done something like this? I plan on included price/scent list, terms etc... But I can't figure out what to say in the letter.

Any ideas?

I have a brochure that I made up to give to people who request wholesale info. It has my wholesale pricing with pictures of all the different types of candles I offer, a list of all available scents, terms & conditions, contact information, and since I sell palm wax candles I also include an explanation of what palm wax is. As far as a letter is concerned I would probably just explain to them what is in your brochure, and why your candles would be their best choice. Just say anything that you would say to them if you were able to meet with them in person. :smiley2:

Hi Lorrie,

In the letter to the customer, you're basically introducing yourself. Most introductory letters should be relatively brief, but include some highlights about your company or company polices, and refer to any additional material that you are enclosing.

Here's one idea that might get you started--

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your interest in our company. J&L Creations was founded in 2003, manufacturing such things as quality handmade dolls, blankets, soaps, and wood crafts among other items.

Our current line of (fill in whatever they expressed an interest in here) is one of our most popular selections, and wholesales at $_____ per (fill in the quanitity here--unit, case, dozen, etc.)

At J&L Creations, we work with our customers to provide outstanding products, which translates into profits for them. We are also able to offer private labeling services on certain products.

I have enclosed an information packet for your review. Upon examination, you will find further details regarding purchasing, terms, and product offerings. Please contact us at _________ with your order or if you require further assistance.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Buy 2lbs get 1lb free is back!

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84983

Hi Lorrie,

In the letter to the customer, you're basically introducing yourself. Most introductory letters should be relatively brief, but include some highlights about your company or company polices, and refer to any additional material that you are enclosing.

Here's one idea that might get you started--

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your interest in our company. J&L Creations was founded in 2003, manufacturing such things as quality handmade dolls, blankets, soaps, and wood crafts among other items.

Our current line of (fill in whatever they expressed an interest in here) is one of our most popular selections, and wholesales at $_____ per (fill in the quanitity here--unit, case, dozen, etc.)

At J&L Creations, we work with our customers to provide outstanding products, which translates into profits for them. We are also able to offer private labeling services on certain products.

I have enclosed an information packet for your review. Upon examination, you will find further details regarding purchasing, terms, and product offerings. Please contact us at _________ with your order or if you require further assistance.

Ok since you are a little better at this right now than I am. (drawing a complete blank) I know the buyers name but the kicker is they haven't really shown interest per say. I deal with manager in a different department and he is a customer of mine. He says that he thinks they should carry my products. He is the one that told me I should put together a information packet for them.

So how should I do that?

Edited by Lorrie

You could start out with something like...

J&L Creations is proud to introduce our line of xxx to businesses that are interested in offering high quality, handmade products to their customers.

Our company was founded in 2003, manufacturing individually crafted items such unique handmade dolls, blankets, soaps, and wood crafts among other items.

blah, blah, blah.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you going to give them full size bars? If so, how many? I've been wondering this myself for a place I want to present my products to.

I did give full sized bars to a potential wholesale customer. I gave them 3 all in different recipes and scents. I ended up landing the account.

Now this account that I am talking about in this post. I willing be sending one of my candles. It is a 15.5 ounce jar that I have. I am only sending one to them.

I also would never send out a sample to some one who asked for them.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Lorrie

• 1 month later...