What Wax Do You Use For Tarts?

ky-sam

thank you!I would like to ask a question.I have been seeing that some people use 10%fo in tarts some more some less,mine tarts at over 7% smoke in tea light tart burners that are 4 and 5 inches tall I use igi6380 with a25% 1275wax added.Is it just me or is this common for the smoke in tea light burners?thanks!:confused:

Wanted to add, that while I'm okay with the results of my 4794/soy blend, I just ordered a 30 lb "sample" of the ky tart wax. I am going to have to find a new way to take out my aggressions since I will no longer be beating up wax.

I use the KY tart wax, but 4794 for votives. Still get to beat up the wax and take out my aggressions. Wish it was better therapy, though. Been doing it for nearly 3 years and still have issues. lol

I just poured some 4794 tart and some were fine and other had terrible dimples. Can you tell me why? My friends thermometer was broke so we don't know what temp we poured the undimpled ones at. Is there a certain temp. to pour this to reduce dimples?

KY's tart wax dimples too, just not as much.

Thanks.

I use palm wax from At Wix End and LOVE it!! 6% FO load, and kicks butt with just about every FO I use.

I have also used Eco-PB and Cargill PV-1, but they don't come out of the burner as easily as the palm wax does.

The only downfall with palm wax is you can't get those deep colors some people really like, or it takes a TON of dye, at least in my experience.