Coconut Milk

Candybee

Anybody tried adding coconut milk to their M&P base? I decided to try using it as I already like what goat milk does to make soap creamy and nutrient rich.

I used the Thai brand canned coconut milk. I added 1 tbs per lb. My soap is drying out so I will try it out tomorrow and see if I can tell any difference.

I hope this works cause I would like to try other types of milk; cream, half & half, condensed or evaporated milk. I even saw some bakers buttermilk powder and was sooooo wanting to buy that and try it out.

Does anyone use milk other than goats milk in their soap? How much, and how do you like it? does it make a big difference in your soap? Is it creamier?

I use both canned and powdered Coconut Milk and love it. It does make it creamier. 1 tsp is a good starting point but you can definitely up it. The scent is so light but refreshing and comforting. You should have no problems adding it to you M&P soap.

Edited by MarsBars