Italian festival ideas

I am doing an Italian festival and need some ideas on what to do and display. I think I am going to do red, green, and white table coverings. I am going to do some green, red, and white layer candles and votives. I thought about dipping a few bears and tying red, green and white bows around the neck. I am also going to do my regular set up and do some pumpkin jars and fall items. Anyone ever did this type of festival before.

Much help is appreciated.

Steph

Are you tailoring any scents for the festival?

Besides the Italian colors, what can you do with olives, basil, oregano, anise, grapes, pasta? What about Tuscan influences? Art influences?

Maybe something centered around what the colors of the flag represent: Hope (green), Faith (white) and Charity (red).

I did some growing up in an old Italian neighborhood (meaning that a lot of the people were elderly and some even came over from 'the old country') and there was a festival every year. I remember 2 things about it. The almond candies (hint hint: almond scents) and how all the vendors did their best to nail everything down that they possibly could because there was a lot of theft.

Anyway, I would go for nutty scents, coffee scents, I'm not really sure exactly how much time you have left to plan/make but anything with an Italian Horn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornicello and http://www.goldenmine.com/ProductImages/Charms/mini/P0912_m.jpg) would likely be good too as many Italians like that as a mark of their heritage.

HTH

Its been my experience that the same stuff I sell regularly is what tends to continue selling and when I do 'themed' stuff I get stuck with a lot of it and have trouble selling it afterwards.

I would do a trial run on a few items but for the 'theme' I would do more booth decorating or dressing up as Italian than anything else. Just keep in mind what are you going to do with anything that doesn't sell so you don't want to be stuck with it afterwards.

Then next year you will have a better idea of what you can do or not do for the show.

I'd do scents that remind people of the scents of the festival. Biscotti, cannoli, espresso and some vineyard type scents. I would also start with your fall scents now too. I wouldn't suggest overdoing the color theme.

Thank you everybody for your ideas. I like all of them. I definitely want to to do a biscotti, expresso, and wine fragrance. I have been selling fall scents about several weeks. Pumpkin Cheesecake and Pumpkin Apple Butter are my best sellers right now. I figure what i don't sell of the red, white, and green candles, I would throw in christmas themed candle baskets for the holidays. Thank you for your input.

Steph

The FO choices are fun; I'd definitely go with the red/white/green layers, either in jars, votives or pillars. Novelty items. Maybe votives are best; something less expensive that will draw people in.

Sounds like fun :)