Cauliflower Tops after First Burn

You have two factors for cauliflowering: one is the FO, the other is the dye. Sometimes it's a combination of a certain FO and a certain dye. Might try testing Mistletoe with red and Mac apple with green and see how those combos turn out...

That would be an interesting test. Wonder if they would still smell the same to me. :laugh2:

Remember years ago when Heinz had green ketchup in the stores. I just could not bring myself to buy it for some reason. It just did not seem right!

You have two factors for cauliflowering: one is the FO, the other is the dye. Sometimes it's a combination of a certain FO and a certain dye. Might try testing Mistletoe with red and Mac apple with green and see how those combos turn out...

Not true, soy will cauliflower in the heating pot with no color or anything added. I'll take a picture next time it happens. The batch I have now is leaking, cauliflower top kind of wax and it's driving me nuts...

but I honestly think the CD wick did that

LX wicks are very similar to CD wicks. The wick would not cause the crystal structure of the top to change as it sets up after burning. This is a common issue with soy candles and can be reduced in many ways as previously mentioned.