Anyone make candle holders using silk rose petals?

KMommy

On the old board several people were making candle holders using silk rose petals glued on to a votive candle holder/dish. The photos were frequently on this forum. I think the person that first started making them was Lin. The photo attached here is the one I have been experimenting with. Sorry that the photo is a bit dark but I think you get the general idea from it. I would like to know what type of glue is used for this project? The one I used does not dry clear and the other glue I have that does dry clear doesn't adhear the petals to the glass. If anyone makes these please post what type of glue you use. If you have a photo of your finished project I would love to see it as well.

post-1159-13945838653_thumb.jpg

I've done a few. I just use my hot glue gun for them. If you pull hard while the holder is hot, they would come loose, but I don't think too many people try it. The votive doesn't get as hot so it seems ok. I want to try silicone to make them permanent...

First one is a regular votive holder...

PoinsettaHolderTop.jpg

This set has one in it. I still haven't gotten that size jar wicked right though :embarasse

SDHoneysuckle.jpg

Added: I know Sharyl makes some pretty ones. I've had the pleasure of receiving one ;)

Thanks for the reply. Your candles are lovely!!!

I tried it with the glue gun but I kept burning my fingers pressing the petal to the glass. I might try it again and use the back of a spoon instead. I had some fabric glue but it didn't stick to the glass. I'll check and see if we have any silicone.

KMOMMY It was me who made alot of these. I just used glue for my hot glue gun . Just look for the glue sticks that are recommended for glass. I didnt put a votive in mine though, I just filled them with container wax scented rose bouquet from peaks. I sold alot of these especially around mothers day and valentines day. Lin

K-MOMMY IT WAS ME AND I JUST USED A REGULAR HOT GLUE GUN. jUST LOOK FOR THE GLUE STICK THAT SAYS IT ADHERES TO GLASS. i DIDNT PUT A VOTIVE IN THEM THOUGH. i FILLED THEM WITH CONTAINER WAX AND SCENTED THEM ROSE BOUQUET FROM PEAKS. LIN

post-80-139458386533_thumb.jpg

Lin,

Oh gosh those are pretty! Thanks for replying!

SatinDucky,

I'll see if I can get a better picture. I didn't complete the project after I saw all of the glue that didn't dry clear. Next to the other photos here mine definitely needs more work!

Lin,

Oh gosh those are pretty! Thanks for replying!

SatinDucky,

I'll see if I can get a better picture. I didn't complete the project after I saw all of the glue that didn't dry clear. Next to the other photos here mine definitely needs more work!

Next to Lin's, mine definately needs work too! Just beautiful :)