Paula Deen's Candles...

I don't know why but I always end up going to the candle section of every store I go to. Yes, even tho I make my own candles I still have to look. Well yesterday I went to walmart and noticed that they had Paula Deen's candles. Out of curiosity I opened eachone to smell them. They smelled great! Has anyone tried burning them yet? I was tempted to buy the Apple Pie one but hesitated as money is a bit tight right now. The cost is not bad at all 8.97 for the large size. I also love the glass jars they come in. Very cute.

Pics of the candles below:

http://www.tamisclock.com/archives/001741.html

Laura

They'll end up on the clearance bin just like all of her cookware did.

I love her to death... but just because you can get your hands into every avenue... doesn't mean you should.

It worked for Martha.... leave it at that.

I don't need Paula's Butter... or Rachel Ray Dental Floss:laugh2:

I actually bought one of these a while back...I can't remember the scent, but it was an orangeish-colored "foodie" fragrance. I HATE admitting this, but the candle wasn't half bad at all...nice cold throw, good burn, and strong hot throw. Not bad at all for a cheap discount store candle!!!

I have seen them and wondered about how they burned. Almost bought one. It was a very large jar and had one of her recipes with it. The recipe on the candles was for what the candle scent was. I thought including a recipe was a nice touch.

This year I was going to give away a recipe with a few of my fall candles. I still have not put it all together yet. I just need to get out some of my own recipes and do testing. I was only going to use ones that are not copyrighted.

I did buy a Cinnabon - Classic Roll candle. It does smoke alot.....I had to keep watching the wick. As soon as the flame would start jumping I could see the black smoke. The scent throw was medium. This candle was alot of work! It is one that could put black marks on walls and ceiling if you didn't know to keep it trimmed. The cinnamon roll wasn't as real smelling as the candles I make.

You know.....being a candle maker just makes us so much more critical of any candle burning. :rolleyes2 That's why I could never stop making candles. I would always have to make them for myself and family. I do enjoy my candles so much more than any store bought candle. I don't make soap but I would know that jumping in the shower with a new soap has to be THE BEST feeling ever. Heck, you soapers probably take alot of soap test showers.:cheesy2:

I know everyone must feel this way!:yay:

lol....true they will probably be in clearance soon. I will wait until then to buy one since they seem to burn okay.

I do love to burn my candles more then any others but I don't have all the scents I would like. I do think that as candlemakers we are more critical and that is why I like to get your guys opinions. Thanks!

Laura

I have one question...why are you all reviewing a manufactured candle? Paaaleeeaaassseeeee.... This is not the board to discuss these types of candles...... those guys/gals don't need anymore advertising...you do know that these posts are available on google? Find them everyday, by putting a certain search word/words in...

If you want sales, plug your own!