potential customers....

leisa2003

A friend of mine, who buys candles & soaps from me, is having her annual hog roast soon, and she told me that I need to bring some things for people to see and smell, (there is always 50 or more people at this thing), and I have no clue what to make??

Any ideas???

Thanks!!

Are you setting up a little table or something?

No, I am not setting up a table, just a few of her friends said they'd like to see (smell) what I make, they like the soap & candles she buys from me. I think shes want to try out some different scents as well.

I was thinking maybe guest soaps and tea-lights:confused:

i would think little soaps and tealights would be sufficiant. I would also maybe have some of your bigger sellers socked in your car that way if somebody does want to make a purchase, you have some on hand. Also, make sure you have some business cards handy.

Make sure to have some of your candles burning at your friends house. If you can't have candles burning because of small children....perhaps you could use a few tart warmers and candle crocks. Candles always sell better when they are burning for everyone to smell.

You could make up a small package with a tea light/or tart and your business card in it. You could use the clear packages from Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's or Walmart in the cake/candy section. Don't forget to check for a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby, Michael's. JoAnn's will honor both of them at their stores. Put your label on the outside of the clear package. This is a great opportunity for you to pick up new customers. So, the cost of the tea lights or tarts and packages should come back to you in sales. Maybe bring some candle/tart warmers and tarts to sell. If you can, put one of the tart warmers in the guest bathroom for everyone to enjoy.:rolleyes2

Also, ask your friend to help you out and make sure that she tells everyone to take home the free tea light. Have them in a nice wicker type basket in the kitchen setting by one of your best selling candles burning, or by a tart warmer if small childre are a concern.

You might consider giving away a free candle to someone who has a plate with something on the bottom. So, who ever wins it......will love it and you will pick up a new customer.

Good Luck!