Covering your container candles

Hi all,

What do you all use to cover your container candles - those containers that do not already have a cover provided? Is something needed to cover them to keep the FO smell in?

Tell me what works - I have heard something about avoiding some plastics as they can absorb some of the scent out of the candle...don't want that!!

Thanks....this site is great!! Vanessa

I use Glad Press and Seal to protect uncovered containers. I cut a round piece out and stretch it across and form a seal. I have even left them on when selling and customers can lift the seal and put it back on. It does leave a residue around the side of the container but you can take that off easily.

I use Glad Press and Seal to protect uncovered containers. I cut a round piece out and stretch it across and form a seal. I have even left them on when selling and customers can lift the seal and put it back on. It does leave a residue around the side of the container but you can take that off easily.

Thanks, I will try both of these ideas!

Hey all,

An update on my lids!!!!!!

I'm sooo excited. I am using the advise of another candlemaker who said to use Transparency film!!!!

This is cool, looks good, professional and works. I just trace the size of the candle opening, cut it out & use a sticker with the words (remove lid before burning), and stick this to one side of the candle. This way the lid can be flipped open for easy sniffing.

Loving it! Vanessa

Where do you get the transparency film from?

I Order them through quill, but you can get them at any office supply store(office max). Get the transperancies that are for copiers only, (not printers), because they are alot cheaper!

HTH, Vanessa

One more question, do you cut it to fit... to rest on the wax, or on the glass edge. I had been thinking about making something (out of card stock) that rested on the wax with holes punched for the wicks to poke through and a little tab so that it could be lifted off. It's just that none of my containers have lids, and I am always looking for unusal ways to top them.

One more question, do you cut it to fit... to rest on the wax, or on the glass edge. I had been thinking about making something (out of card stock) that rested on the wax with holes punched for the wicks to poke through and a little tab so that it could be lifted off. It's just that none of my containers have lids, and I am always looking for unusal ways to top them.

Someone else mentioned using cardstock, but the cardstock would soak up a bit of the oil from the wax.

I tried both ways, and they both work, you use a whole punch for the wick to go through - you can even go to a stamper store and buy a fun, different whole punch, star, heart, whatever for the wick to go through.

But, what worked best for was to have the film rest directly on the glass - was much easier, because I didn't have to have it fit the glass exactly - it could hang over the edges and still look good. The part that would hang over the edge - people can see well and flip over the film for a wiff of the candle.

HTH, Vanessa

Kyme1911, I just saw a Village candle with a plastic insert on top of the wax. It had information printed on it. Stop by a local store that sells the Village brand. It was the jar that looks just like the standard Yank** candle. I saw it at T.J. Maxx. I was shocked at how much the jar and label looks like Yank**.

Maybe check with a local print company.