Repour

JudyN

Not sure if there is a rule, but I usually do mine when the wax has set up nicely, so that when I poke at my relief holes, no wax pops out the other hole. I also make sure that the temperature of the wax that I intend to use for the repour is about 180 degrees so that it will adhere.

More often than not, I do my repour after it has cooled almost completely, just making sure I don't go over the origional fill line if it has started to pull away from the mold. It leaves less of a sink hole for me. That is pillars anyway. Votives are a little more tricky since you pour higher, so I don't let them cool quite as much.

Whenver you want, from warm to totally stone cold. The earlier you do it the more of a dip you get in the middle (or you might even need to do a third pour). The later you do it the more careful you have to be not to pour down the side of the candle in case it's pulled away. I'd suggest anywhere from barely warm to stone cold. There truly is no rule about this - people do it all different ways and it works out.

I just wanted to see what the norm was and if how I'm doing it is correct. I've noticed if I wait too long and it is stone cold then I risk having wax run down the sides. What I love about this board is I'm able to ask questions that I feel I should know the answer to and get help How awesome is that. Thanks for all the help!!!