How long does the scent last in YOUR melts/tarts?

idacandlelady

I am just curious as I have seen and heard so many different expectations on scent time for melts.

Mine seem to last anywhere from 12 hrs to 48 hrs, depending on the scent.

I know it varies with different wax and scents. I just wonder what people expect or hope for.

Stella- How do you get yours to last a month?? :bow:

So do heavier scents last longer?

I'd like to know too. What wax do you use, FO load, tart burner wattage, length of time you burn your tarts, etc. Very interesting.

A month is a long time. But then again I burn my tarts 24/7 so they would never last a month. And hell, I wouldn't want them too. People would buy one tart a month, LMAO.

What wax do you use, FO load, tart burner wattage, length of time you burn your tarts, etc.

Sorry, RoF & joanncat, but I really don't keep a lot of data about tarts because they just aren't one of my "focus" products. Perhaps others reporting similar longevity can offer more details. I make mine with the leftover (overpour) wax from candlemaking, so they are scented and made the same way as the candles I make. I haven't noticed whether "heavier" FOs last longer, etc. They had better last as long as I expect the FOs in my candles to last!! :laugh2: When I use them, I keep 'em going 24/7 in the bathroom. Some of the FOs last longer than do others. The fragrance does diminish over time, but so long as when I walk into the bathroom and I can smell the fragrance without straining my sniffer, I usually don't replace the wax - thus the range of time. People have different standards... Some folks might replace theirs if their eyes don't water when they enter the room, but I don't. My warmer is the coffeecup warmer style with two settings for the temperature, so it is not a "burner" at all. Dunno the wattage... For soy (NatureWax C3 w/ USA & 1 oz. FO pp), I set on the lower temp setting and put a 6 oz. tall tin on the warmer and throw a tart or two in. For palm (pillar wax, 1 Tbsp. palm stearic & 1 oz. FO pp), I set the temp on the higher setting & throw a tart or two in the tin.

FOs can last a long time, depending. I have a hurricane shell I made several years ago that still has a wonderful scent when I walk by it. It no longer fills the room with a heavy fragrance, but it still has a pleasing CT. HTH :)