Testing is giving me a headache...literally

I am testing my little heart out and man I think it's giving me headaches. About a week ago I was in 2 different ER's 2 days in a row for a bad migraine. I have had some migraines in the past,but never this bad. Also having a lot more regular headaches. I think I need to slow down the testing. I have been burning 4-5 candles at a time (comparing 5 different wicks). Today I was burning and didn't want to mess up the test so after I got a headache I just put up with it but couldn't wait till the time was up till I could blow them out. The first 4 candles are almost done...but after that I think I will just do one at a time.

Anyone else have problems with too much FO making you sick or giving you a headache?

Jamie

Certain scents will upset my stomach if I smell them for too long. I try to make those scents with the windows open or if they bother me too much then I look for replacements. Nothing is more important then your health. A sale isn't worth it too me if I can't enjoy what I like to do.

Just my opinion,

Kim

SORRY to hear of your migrains:sad2: I too have the same problem actually my kids suffer as well!!!! some people are effected more so than others. Just like allergies(sp?)

What ever the chemicals are that the manufactures use to make the FO's that is where your problems lie..I have found a few people who smell my candles and other stuff they say they smell a chemical first wiff then the scent so, everyone is different!!!...as far as what to do....a few things I have found to help with certain scents is to open my windows or turn the fan on...only problem is that your testing will be a little more intense with a small draft (you have to test around that) wearing a face mask helps as well...that is what I have found to help myself and my children...I hope I have helped you....and good luck!!!!

Jen

Well my migraines have typically been once every month or two, but I have had more problems recently. I don't want to give up on candles, but I think I will need to tone down the power testing or test in my guest room where I don't spend a lot of time.

Hi,

I was able to relieve a migraine by drinking plenty of fluids. I make a tea: 1T. fresh grated ginger boiled in 1c. water, than strained. Add pomegranate juice or fresh squeezed lemon and honey. It's a good antioxidant.

Your ears may also be absorbing the scents. Daily or every other day rinsing the ears with 50/50 water and peroxide will cleanse the ears. Be sure to dry them well. A drop of rubbing alcohol will dry the inner most area.