votive candles

Hello....any ideas on how I can get a flat bottom on my votive candles after removing from a two piece mold? The top of the candle is the bottom of the mold. So that means the top is the bottom. They are uneven. Any pros with any ideas! Thanks and have a great weekend. :cheesy2:

how I can get a flat bottom on my votive candles after removing from a two piece mold

I don't think the OP is talking about a standard votive mold. She states she's using a two part mold with the top of the candle being at the bottom of the mold. The picture I am getting is a small votive mold constructed similarly to these...

http://www.spiritcrafts.net/index.html

When cooled, the bottom is rough causing the candle to be unlevel. If the candle is wicked before pouring (vs. using a wicking needle to wick the mold after it's poured), a second pour will not help because the end of the wick makes a bump. Once can successfully trim the wick back into the candle somewhat, then smooth the bottom on a hot surface. To prevent the wick bump, one can also underpour the mold slightly, trim the wick, then repour and level when cooled. :)

I don't think the OP is talking about a standard votive mold. She states she's using a two part mold with the top of the candle being at the bottom of the mold. The picture I am getting is a small votive mold constructed similarly to these...

http://www.spiritcrafts.net/index.html

When cooled, the bottom is rough causing the candle to be unlevel. If the candle is wicked before pouring (vs. using a wicking needle to wick the mold after it's poured), a second pour will not help because the end of the wick makes a bump. Once can successfully trim the wick back into the candle somewhat, then smooth the bottom on a hot surface. To prevent the wick bump, one can also underpour the mold slightly, trim the wick, then repour and level when cooled. :)

Hi,

Thanks for the site. I found a book I was looking for on rolled candles.